Coqmposite Armor for libs need serious buff.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nitish Sharma, May 14, 2014.

1. Nitish Sharma

I
    I completely agree with you ,libs are OP as ****,get 3/3 and take on anything,hammering ground,busting air,shredding infantry,but I am only asking buff against RL,since composite lacks that, not argue with me about how OP they're.
    I still things SG are not viable,neither is 1 butter max.
    Lol it changed burster to butter.
    BTW even auto rep have different values for things,ever noticed?
  2. Flag

What, so I can see more evidence towards how 1-sided a Lib-MBT encounter is? Or about how a higher flight ceiling would help everyone involved more than any buffs or nerfs will?

I don't think so.
    • Up x 1
  3. Slandebande

Made my day with that one, butter max :D
  4. JorgeSarcos

Here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/lib-the-flying-tank.178669/

Have an argue with that guy, you dont simply understand.
  5. Nitish Sharma

Well,I clearly didn't ask for that,what I am saying is if resists 4 type of DMG why can't add another,IDC if they completely revamp resistance values for libs or nerf Dalton more,or nerf tank buster more,or buff vektor,or buff spur,or buff duster.
    But a composite lib should at least be able to take 1 more shot than standard libs.
  6. Nitish Sharma

Well,I clearly didn't ask for that,what I am saying is if resists 4 type of DMG why can't add another,IDC if they completely revamp resistance values for libs or nerf Dalton more,or nerf tank buster more,or buff vektor,or buff spur,or buff duster.
    But a composite lib should at least be able to take 1 more shot than standard libs.
  7. GaBeRock

Here's a compromise- stock libs lose their buffs, and take even more damage from rls (2 stock to instagib, one NS dumbfire) shot does 66% of health but composite armour remains the same shots/damage to kill and gainst some buffs against flak, because it's still trash compared to NAN.
  8. Nitish Sharma

I think you guys are mistaking me with buffing the libs with buff composite armor against Dumb fires.
    Composite easily makes lib last longer 2 Dalton shots,1 more heavy tank round,1 more light tank round,15-20 shots of more burster or SG or simply flak(lock ons are counted in flak resistance since indirect DMG like flak).
    So it should last 1 more dumb fire or Phoenix.
  9. Nitish Sharma

Think you missed that you infantry takes 1 more Dalton shot to be killed,if composite can survive 1-2 more shots of everything other than RLs(in guided? Talk about phoenix) as well.
  10. Frozen-K

Sorry, just a bad attempt at sarcasm. Honestly the problem(s) with skyguards right now is a lib just outright crushes one in a head on fight, two makes the lib have to think about engagements, and so on. The other problem is when there is no air for the skyguard to shoot at. Basically makes having it be a 300 vehicle resource sink. Giving it a coaxial kobalt, or heaven forbid, fixing the code so we can switch our vehicle weapons, would drown out most of the complaints I imagine.
  11. PrimePriest

Lol. IMHO Decimator should OHK Libs or at least put them into burning. And I say this as a quite frequent Lib pilot/gunner. Decimator's velocity is so ridiculously low that if you let it hit you then you are bad at piloting and deserve to be punished.
    • Up x 3
  12. Flag

No, you did ask for that.

More to the point, the LAST thing the lib needs is improved resistance to skill-shots.
    And I disagree on how Comp. armour currently helps against tank-type shells, it shouldn't. They're all skill-shots (some more than others), and a such having improved resistance to them isn't required. If anything it's detrimental to the game.

The Flak-protection on the other hand, that makes sense. It could even be improved slightly.
  13. Halkesh

Guided RL (except phoenix) are medium ordnance damage type (same type as halberd and MAXes AV), so composite armor don't increase the resistance to this threat. RL splash damage is normal splash damage that don't deal damage to vehicles.
    You can see all resistances here.

Actual composite armor is made to help liberator to survive in dangerous area, not to allow liberator pilot to sleep into the battle.
    Increasing armor resistance to unguided RL (phoenix deal same damage as unguided RL) is a bad idea. If composite liberator are more resistant to unguided RL, they will shine even more in small battle and will be able to over/stay immobile in dangerous area.

So, no. I understand why liberator resistance to HE/HEAT/AP as been increased but I still don't understand why SOE decide to increase (stock) liberator resistance to unguided RL.

---------------

--------------

@Prime priest & GaBeRock : I think unguided RL should be like they was before the liberator update, not more, not less : decimator 2 hit kill, stock RL 2 hit fire / 3 hit kill.
    Being OHK cause frustration, even more in a resource cost vehicle.

Increase composite armor to have more difficult choice between NAR is a good idea but it can create a monster. ^^
    But if the unguide RL resistance was removed to stock lib and add to composite armor, plus more flak resistance, I would love it.
  14. Dreadnaut

Sir, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Comp Armor on the Liberator is currently stronger than it should be, the ONLY very minimal buff it needs is another 5% resistance to Flak (if not a little more)
    • Up x 1
  15. Nitish Sharma

Alright,looks like you guys hate libs so much :(
    Well,I will make you guys hate libs more while you're playing forumside.
  16. JorgeSarcos

Nope, i love my lib, but the truth is Libs are overpowered.