Continuous usage of Pillager or Saron causes stutterings and bad performance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FriendlyHuman, Jan 25, 2020.

1. FriendlyHuman

Everyone who has rendered shooting vehicle is affected. It has AOE for me (distance depends on when vehicle stops rendering), and effect decreases with distance.
    As example, video. Or these screenshots with Pillager and GPU usage. I notice effect on my usual FPS after 450 shots. My max FPS (when looking at the sky) starts to decrease immediately. It looks like shots overload something in GPU that causes underuse of it. Also it increases usage of CPU. Tested on Low and Ultra settings.

Workarounds:
    Make so that vehicle isn't rendered on your client (it'll free something). Changing continents, relaunching game, redeploying or increasing distance between yourself and vehicle. Destruction of the vehicle or spawning another one works for 80-90%.

P.S. Interesting enough but I found similar symptoms in purely infantry fights (larger - worse, linear relation). But looks like it doesn't become worse with time.

Reposted from reddit as this forum is currently the best place to systematically collect and contain bugs after closure of Issue Tracker.