Continental Lattice.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BengalTiger, Apr 15, 2014.

1. BengalTiger

Hossin and the Battle Islands are a bit delayed and we have an unfinished Mission System to have it tested in game.
    On top of that, the game still lacks strategy on the global scale, other than during alerts, and there's not really much going on in terms of new equipment (other than a couple new weapons here and there from time to time), or new things in general.

That makes me wonder...
    [IMG]

How about having a continental lattice, starting right now?

It would allow to develop and test WG capturing mechanics for instance, which will need to work later on if there are to be more territories added to the system (and adding new continents would simply involve updating the links).
    While doing a WG revamp, it would be a nice thing to implement vehicle delivery from continent to continent.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phazaar

No more threeways? :(
  3. doombro

Because SOE probably has no intention of putting it in the game at this point, and they're just ignoring anyone who brings this up to keep us pretending that something nice would happen for once. Notice that we have heard nothing from them about it since Nexus; that was over 9 months ago.

A little suspicious that they would go completely silent about the most major feature that's been "planned" for the game since launch. I'm on to them. :cool:
  4. p10k56

What is any Lattice good for? It only cause bottlenecks.
    My personal preference are open field battles but thanks to lattice there are no surprise attack only boring sieges.
    And among them biolabs and amp stations, how I hate those things:confused:
  5. BengalTiger

If the TR and NC attacked towards the N-W WG on their home continents, all 3 empires could meet at the Crown.
    At least until someone figures out to go behind their enemy using the other WG on their continent.

What about the VS being stuck on a quarter of a continent?
    Last I heard the resource system was to guarantee free everything in the WG, so they'd have the bonus of endless tanks and planes within a couple minutes of traveling at most.

There would also be an incentive to bring the Lodestar back, so everyone could grab an MBT at their home WG, deliver it to the front line (if WG's allowed to warp vehicles), and then discard the transport, which would allow the pilot to be the MBT's gunner.

Finally - what about attacking a continent from 2 warpgates?
    Should an empire make a path through one enemy's continent, they could attack the other enemy from 2 sides until they get double teamed...