[Suggestion] Continent Wait Priority Q add a 2nd priority by adding incentive to spend $ atleast 1x

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShiroSan, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ShiroSan

Seeing how Queue times are getting insane lately depending on the time of day I suggest adding a 2nd priority to the Queue wait times to join a continent.

So it would go like this:

1st priority = current priority of active/monthly members.

*NEW / SUGGESTION*
    2nd priority in Queue times would go to anyone who's spent $25 or more in this game.
    (This may give incentive to free players to make a one time purchase in this game and should be something DayBreak should consider possibly doing. This could be viewed as a "Thank You" for helping support the game.)

and those Last in Queue would be the remaining players which would consist of mostly those who never spent a dime in this game.
    • Up x 1
  2. CMDante

This is EA's fault.
    • Up x 2
  3. RockPlanetSide2

I would even take it further where if I spent money to que, I could select the person that I liked least and they would go to the bottom of the que, as I took his place. Money = Power. They would also have to get some kind of full-screen custom taunt that I could have generated to my specifications.

Good fun.
  4. Pelojian

so what you are essentially saying is, you want to screw over people who don't pay at all, but provide you with planetmans to shoot at?

if you really care about queue priority, subscribe. because it seems like you don't care about it enough to routinely support the upkeep of the game on a monthly basis.
    • Up x 3
  5. ShiroSan

Random spurts (sales etc such as builders sale they had for example). I've spent over a $100 in game now. Not everyone likes subscriptions. Been playing since release on & off.
    • Up x 2
  6. Pelojian

there are tradeoffs if you can't afford both a sub and the occasional purchase, part of that tradeoff for no sub is no queue priority.

i could support a system where you buy a 'queue priority' boost directly from the depot and activate it and you get a month of queue priority. because you are paying for the rental of a perk, just like subscribers.

you are essentially saying because you bought some helmets, camos etc that the company should throw you a permanent freebie perk.

subscribers routinely pay to maintain that perk, why should there be an exemption?
    • Up x 5
  7. ShiroSan

It's not really an exception because it's a 2nd rate priority in Q with what I'm proposing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Luicanus

While I see and am tempted by the merits of this idea, I also note it's flaws. Personally, I've also dropped £150+ into the game over the past couple of years with only about £10 of that being on subscription.

I concur that a 3 tier system would negatively impact players who have never invested and further damage the already poor new player retention. However, I do see the allure for those who have put money in the hands of the devs. I'd be less resistant if the perk was restricted to those who's lifetime contribution exceeded $100-$150 since that is a much more significant investment and more worthy of a lifetime perk.

However, on balance I'd concur with the original objections that the damage to the new player experience would be too severe to warrant this perks introduction.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pelojian

it is, subscribers pay every month for that, as in it's like a rental, you want to change the rules so anyone that has paid a total of $25 gets free throw in perk in addition to whatever they bought, while people that are coming into the game get screwed with wait times because a few vets that don't care enough to subscribe want to get into the continent first, because they are vets that have spent some money.

if you want the VIP priority, become a VIP, don't screw over players that logged in and queued before you jsut because you think spending $25 on other stuff entitles you to skip ahead the queue.

subscriber pay directly for the queue priority, you payed indirectly on cosmetics and are asking for a freebie, pro tip: companies don't care after you have spent money.

it would be hard to do, a yearly sub costs around $120 plus 500DBC a month, they'd have to set it up so that free DBC doesn't count, while normal paid for DBC does, but then it still results in the same issue, vets who aren't paying to rent the perk are getting a 2nd version of the perk permanently screwing over johnny newbie who just joined.

in the end it's an argument between 'i'm a non subscriber vet that spent this, so i should get X extra' while johnny newbie is 'i shouldn't have to wait longer because that dude that queued after me spent Y money a long time ago'
    • Up x 1
  10. BartasRS

Play VS, basically I never waited more than 2 mins and before CAI/pop balance changes I never was put in the VR.
  11. strikearrow

It staggers me how much people drop in an online game that they can lose at anytime. Back in the day (early 2000s) I paid $20 for a game like Mech Warrior 4 plus $20 for a patch (both on sale) and enjoyed 8 years of online gaming, access to the entire game, great PvE content (that I can still go play right now), and almost no hackers and very few glitches. Now people pay $1000s for no PvE at all, 5 years of online gaming full of hacks and glitches, access to only a small portion of the game (even for $1000s) and when the company decides to shut-down the game, then nothing. I'm sorry inflation has not been anywhere near that high and the value for my $40 in 2000 is $58.45 today. https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=40&year1=200001&year2=201710

People who believe they are getting good value for the $100s and even $1000s they pay for online games today are just ignorant.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pelojian

it's down to relative value of money for each person, the more money you earn the less you value lower denominations, someone earning millions a year won't bat an eye at spending $1000 on implants for example.

the question is, are you enjoying the game? i think the answer for those spending large, by our perspective amounts of money is that they are enjoying the game.
  13. strikearrow

If I have $1000s to throw around, I'm buying trips to the Caribbean, Europe or the Far East, not playing a game lol.
    • Up x 1
  14. Luicanus

depends on your server
  15. melioa

simple....keep 2 continents open at all times. or get rid of Hossin :D
  16. LordKrelas

Which just feeds the overpop alerts, so ISO, decals, certs, and lets them flood two maps at once.
    Overpop gets to farm the living **** out of it for profit, and at no cost...

Population requirements put it at one map.
    Pop Balance Limiter, keeps the overpop from dominating completely.
  17. JibbaJabba

So I've been gaming since Pong. Seriously it was my first console. The Atari 2600 was some futuristic VR dream. I'm well aware of both game prices, inflation, all that. I have a copy of MechWarrior as well (been playing that since table-top). Games have gone from a couple guys writing one in a few months to full production studios taking years. As a whole, games have stayed pretty cheap relative to other forms of entertainment.

Here's the thing. Gaming is my leisure activity. My hobby. I also have a job.

I'm just fine paying money for this game. I have a job to earn money, and when I'm not working, I want to do my hobby with that money.

The value of this could not be more subjective and relative so no point trying to convince others. For me it's quite worth it. When I'm done playing this game and move on, I'll have nothing tangible to show for it. I'll have a lot of really awesome memories though.

As for the OP:
    Look man. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too. Buy a membership, or wait in the line. One saves you a bit of frustration like once or twice a night at most. The other is completely free and a penny saved is a penny earned. Neither is a bad selection, you just need to be happy with your selection.
  18. Bansheedragon75

Posted this in another thread on the same topic.
    I'm repeating it here for emphasis.

"As a member I think this membership priority for queues should go.
    I think its a stupid thing and to me seems like a way to pressure people into getting a membership."
  19. Draylynn

Or you know, instead of tinkering with queues and adding more absurd costs to the game... Add a few more servers and allow players to log their characters into any server.
  20. Icehole1999

So what would I get as a member who has also spent a bunch of money beyond his membership? I want something ******* sweet.