Continent Rotation Sucks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CLER1C, Jul 18, 2019.

1. CLER1C

Hi DBG
    Can we please do some thing with the rotation, its obviously on a 24 hour timer
    Which means me working full time and coming home and jumping in game, I am guaranteed to be playing on Hossin…. every night, all night!!
    It is getting really, boring I'm starting to see Hossin in my dreams

There is no point marketing a game that boasts 4 awesome open world continents if a lot of the population on gets to play one

I have been trying to get mates to join too, but they soon get tired of playing the same continent
    The common conversation is, game sounds awesome and the other continents, but we never get to play them.... in other words we are losing new players because of this.

Is there a way to make it more randomized, or change the rotation timer to say 18 hours or something?

Cheers
    • Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

Well, theoretically if you get enough of your friends to join, you'll trigger another continent to open. Yeah with the planetside 2 player decline, it's only able to happen on certain 2xp weeks or after huge patches.

I would like to see a more random continent rotation, maybe even a poll at the end, kinda something that lets the winning faction pick which continent to they wanna unlock next. On the plus side, it gets players more involved and rewarded for winning the alert, the downside is that we would be playing 24/7 on Indar.

Since there are 4 continents, make it so every 3 hours, a new continent unlocks. This time base the unlock on a lottery style, each continent gets a 25% chance of being picked, (20% chance when Oshur is released) in order to vary the continent rotation.

A more likelier solution, (for you since DBG doesn't care about its customers) is to change your work schedule, so you come home to Indar or Esamir. Or you could play at work discretely idk lol.

Still, its cool to see that new players are trying to join the game, even better that you try to get some friends t join too. Sorry to disapoint :(
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

Won't ever get seen by a real Dev here.
    .... though I'm wondering why No one has confronted them on Reddit yet about this obvious problem?

Either that or the Devs are just completely ignoring the threads about it there too
    • Up x 1
  4. OgreMarkX

There are no real devs. Budget modders.
  5. CLER1C

Well the rotation would affect anyone who plays at the same time each day no matter what time zone, they might just be playing Esi everyday haha
    Point is something needs to be changed

I tried creating a Reddit account last night to post this problem there, but I was having a really hard time with it so I just gave up
  6. InexoraVC

Same to me. Every evening I have Esamir ....