Continent Locking mini-update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuldoonX9, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

Start with deleted bio-labs...... on every continent & there Bases.
  2. Ronin Oni

Biolabs don't need to be removed... just overhauled.

Returning the sattelites as points belonging to the lab region itself for example. This would allow more avenues of attack for aggressors, as well as external influence points so Attackers can hold <50% of the points inside the lab itself for a cap, but they'd need presence IN the lab in order to slowly cap... with capping all points and destroying SCU (which shouldn't be avail until over 50% cap) would make it speed up significantly to only a couple minutes.
    • Up x 3
  3. Elrobochanco

Any chance of a future UI update to change the population bars in the Map/Server UI?

Like rather than show world population % by faction, show "Faction Strength" where each has it's own total rather than a combined ratio. So a continent with a queue for VS would be at 100% VS strength, and the other two factions would be up to 100% for themselves as well depending on their own population caps (A full continent would show 100/100/100%).

I realize that is extra work for the burdened UI team, but it's a pretty recurring trend that people don't understand the % values and how they reflect population balance/shifting population on a given faction.

If each faction has 2 players on, then one TR and NC player log off, everyone yells about VS overpop or the forth faction (pop just went from 33/33/33 to 50/25/25) even though there has been no change in VS population.

Either way, thanks for all the responses Muldoon, on here and Reddit.
    • Up x 4
  4. Rhumald

That was absolutly awesome to listen to, Loaded with the kind of insight I feel a lot of us players have been asking for. I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own section of the forums!
    • Up x 1
  5. vincent-

he speaks the truth I just log out when it gets really bad I stick it out early but if it just goes down hill I just log, I could only take so much losing alerts for so long.
  6. LibertyRevolution

So, while I was bored tonight, I made this up..
    Meet 74 based indar:
    [IMG]

Bases Remove:
    Benson Construction
    Alkaki Storage
    Coramed Labs
    Briggs Laboratories
    Abandoned NS Offices
    Indar Com Array
    NS material Storage
    Vanu Archives
    Snake Ravine Lookout
    Broken Arch Road
    Blackshard Iridium Mine
    Highland Solar Station
    Peris Barracks
    NS Research Labs
    Scarred Mesa Skydock
    Copper Ravine Station
    Old Auraxium Mine

Numbered:
    [IMG]

If they make changes like this to Indar, I would be fine with continent locking.
    Leaving it at 91 bases, when the other maps are 77 and 58.. is totally unacceptable.
  7. Bindlestiff

And here is the reason why this game is no further along than it was in the first 5 or 6 months of release. There might as well not be any other continents in the game other than Indar, because of a core set of people who refuse to play anywhere else. Judging by your post you would actually much rather have much less / zero fun and 4th faction your way through a lock until Indar is unlocked, than play properly. Don't forget, Muldoon said that 1 continent lock at a time was a figure plucked from the air; it could be 2, in which case you will spend a whole lot of time 4th factioning, and a double lock isn't going to unlock quickly, especially if you are up against like minded people such as myself who will relish the large battles outside of the god awful boring cesspit that is Indar.

It doesn't matter how much effort SOE put into Hossin, or Searhus, or even Nexus to a lesser extent, if people remain stubbornly adamant that Planetside 2 = Indar, it will all be in vain.
    • Up x 2
  8. Owen W.

9. PhantomOfKrankor

No, the game regressed after the first 5 or 6 months of release because a portion of the community convinced the devs that they should try to force people to play a certain way in certain places at certain times that the player had little choice over themselves. Last year's April-May-June-July Game Updates changed the game in that if your side was losing, you either had to fight a losing battle at lattice choke points, or struggle to find decent fight at all, or just log out / 4th faction. Or if you were winning, all your effort could have been in vain because in a few minutes from now an alert would pop for something that would draw the majority of your faction to do something else. The perceived value of our play time dropped whether you were successful or failing. Hell, they were convinced to break the most popular base in the game because it was "too fun" and "too popular" rather than try to make more bases like it. The game lost around a 1/3 of its daily login pops last summer.
  10. UberBonisseur

The concept of Lattice isn't bad as PS1 proved it.

But it was a bat**** insane decision to scrap the hex system and spend a year slowing the content down to a crawl and redo entirely 4 continents without even trying to fight the ghost capping within the Hex in the first place, AND not doing it exactly like PS1 with working Base benefits, hacking and Facilities/Large bases linked and outposts on the side.

We should have stuck with the name 'Rush Lanes' because it was a rushed decision
  11. Ronin Oni

FFS WHY?!?

What in gods names is so great about Indar?

I can only assume you're an HE spamming tank, because that's all that continent is good for.

I can understand hating a single continent... after all, I loathe Indar (could be fixed but I'd rather they finish Hossin and Battle Islands so to hell with Indar, it's already been overhauled... like twice... and it still sucks).

Go ahead, prefer it.... but refusing to play or massing up on overpop faction to unlock it?

God I hope you don't play on my servers.
  12. Pikachu

H
    How do you make your pictures?
  13. LibertyRevolution

• Up x 1