Continent Locking mini-update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuldoonX9, Jun 3, 2014.

1. MuldoonX9 Developer

Take a gander! I didn't just change the text. The continent has been locked and this is the error message you get if you try to capture a point while it's locked.

[IMG]
    • Up x 36
  2. TheBlindFreak

[IMG]

GOD YES!
    • Up x 21
  3. doombro

:eek::eek::eek:
    • Up x 6
  4. IamDH

No offense but how do we know you didn't just change the text lol.

Anyways, good work :).
    • Up x 1
  5. Silvermyst

Well that actually makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

If you posted a screenshot of it working on Hossin, it'd be like, like... something amazing, anyways.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

Where are the increased continent capping benefits then if continent locking is in place?

Awesome BTW...

SOMEONE, QUICK! LOCK INDAR!!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  7. gigastar

But... youre working on forcing people off the continent, right?

I have the feeling that they will still fight on Indar even if they can only fight from the warpgate.
    • Up x 7
  8. MuldoonX9 Developer

It will disable terminals and capture points. So you won't be able to capture any bases nor change class nor pull any vehicles. Also you wouldn't be able to respawn on the locked continent. So once the continent is locked, you would have to warp to another continent if you die or redeploy.
    • Up x 37
  9. gigastar

Concern = resolved.

Cant wait. :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Degenatron

[IMG]
    • Up x 16
  11. HadesR

A) What duration of a lock out are we looking at ?

B) and has the problem of " off peak " locks been looked at ?

If A is short B will not be a major issue ...
  12. Ronin Oni

Sounds great to me!
  13. Krayus_Korianis

So now for TR, we're gonna have to spawn in VR... Yay.... /sarcasmIsActive.
  14. Ronin Oni

Continent lock lasts until another continent is captured.

Not sure what happens if owning faction conquers second continent... I'm guessing the lock just moves. However since they'll lose the benefit of the first cont lock, I imagine they'll be more focused on defending the remaining continents to keep their lock benefit than they will over committing to 1 faction and letting another faction cap out another continent from under them.

Of course, many players just zerg around... so maybe I'm overstating players mental view of owning a continent lock
  15. Wobberjockey

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. Morchai

Will that apply to the faction that controls the continent too? For example, if my faction has a continent locked will I be able to pull an aircraft there and practice flying on a real map (instead of VR) without having to worry about being shot down by enemy planes?

Most importantly, what circumstances will be required to unlock a locked continent?
  17. MuldoonX9 Developer

Right now, no one is allowed to spawn on a locked continent.

I think the current plan is to have a continent unlock when another one is locked. But this is subject to change.
  18. Ronin Oni

what benefit is there to flying on an empty continent compared to empty VR?

There's plenty of space in VR for any flight maneuvers.

Better to force people off the locked continent (where there's really nothing to do anyways) than to have people who don't understand why there's no enemies anywhere being all confused.
    • Up x 1
  19. doombro

So, this is probably too soon to ask, but, how will the capping process work? Do we lock factions out one at a time by getting their territory below 5%, and having the other two factions kicked out in order to cap for the remaining faction, or does it automatically flip to us at 95 and we have to kick both factions out at once? I'd honestly prefer the former. Just interested to hear how easy/hard this is planned to be.

TL;DR, can you lock out one faction at a time, or do you have to lock the whole continent at once?
  20. MuldoonX9 Developer

Thresholds for it are set by designers, so I'm not sure what they'll be. The way it's set up is for the faction with the majority territory, it triggers an alert and if they win, the continent is locked.