Content update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Collin, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Taemien

Here's a dumb question. Is there a way to pull a EQ Test server ruleset for PS2? Basically when playing on the Test server you're treated as if you were a subscriber (but only for that server of course). I know a whole community of players in EQ treats the test server like a normal server because of that.

If that could happen with PS2, they would probably help a ton. There'd be normal fights there testing things all the time.
  2. toast2250

[IMG]
  3. Scr1nRusher

What.... does this have to do with the thread?
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

What would be the point? On test server you get all gear for free, and subscribing doesn't do anything else. Or you suggest making new gear not free? That's gonna be some test server :rolleyes:
  5. Taemien

Do they get infinite nanites over there?
  6. toast2250

Lol.

They are busy with PS4,.. Stay tight and wait. picture of skeleton here

I don't think those servers are comparable. Things might run rather normal in terms of performance, quality and gameplay wise on EQ test type servers but not on the PS2 servers, when both have the same operating costs, I think the PS2 would be more expensive.

People probably actually play and dwell on that test server like they would on live.
    You can probably have fun with just a few people farming and doing stuff with a snowball effect,..

You cant really compare an fps to an rpg.

The only feature PS2 has when you play alone is sitting on point flipping it until some leet mlg scrub cums, gets you repeatedly rekt, and that results in you quitting, great god!
  7. Iridar51

Nope.
  8. iller

Over the span of its life, the game's gotten more than 100,000 "new players". The problem is they retain maybe 1% of them tops because the CPU demand, gun-grind, tryhards, & short TTK scares them all away.
    • Up x 1
  9. FocusLight

Coming Soon (Not on PTS yet)
    Striker
    • Increased damage to ground vehicles
    • Increased initial speed from 50 to 60
    • Increased max projectile speed from 180 to 220
    • Increased projectile acceleration from 0.75 to 1.25
    • Vehicle stealth no longer prevents rockets from seeking
    If this goes live as-stated it will seriously help the Striker be viable. It's about all I've wanted done - the seeker range was terrible, IMHO, but I had no idea that vehicle stealth disabled it. That explains why I've seen Striker rounds nudge right past aircraft where it almost physically hit them. The velocity increase will also help on long-range aiming, making it less terrible to try and aim with this thing.
    The only thing I'd ask for in addition to this is to increase the ROF a little - decreasing the period where the HA exposes himself to return fire, given that dumb-fires can pop out of cover and fire instantly, Phoenix from behind cover and Lancer can charge in cover and pop out for a second to fire.
    Tightening the COF a little might also help at long range, but it will be good to see these changes as a start, it's sure to help A.LOT.
    Assuming ofc, that it's on live inside of this year...
  10. Migs

I would actually do PTS if there were any benefit towards doing it
    right now theres nothing as an incentive to actually log onto PTS and contribute to fixing bugs and reporting on the different things.

Right now it just feels like im wasting time even logging onto PTS
    1. Doesnt further my actual account
    2. I don't get anything from it, literally nothing.
    3. Even if I log on to test (I've done it a few times) theres literally nobody to fight.
    4. Even If I report a bug, no response, just "Submitted" and nothing. It would be nice if it was "Thanks for submitting a bug report, you're helping the game improve" it would atleast be a tiny incentive to find bugs
    5. It feels like a waste of time with all the above points combined
    6. Older PTS accounts dont get certs regenerated after each new implemented thing. I've talked to a few guys while on PTS and they said they dont have the certs to test things out anymore (guy literally pulled a ESF to my location to look at the cloak sundy)

The only time I actually had people to fight on PTS, is when you guys offered that analyst helmet for getting to BR5 or spending time flying (Surprise, bait the players with some goodies and they follow)

Someone might reply with "It's people like you that dont help the game along, being greedy like that"
    I've logged onto PTS many times, and each time I log off after about 10-15 minutes of just messing around
    • Up x 1
  11. Dargadon

Maybe they should get rid of separate accounts for PTS and allow playing with Live ones? Like, with bonus +% EXP?
    PS: +1 on Analyst PTS event, btw. That was only time i spend whole evening there. Any other time - lazy wobbling in VR room once per week.
  12. FocusLight

Yeah, I'm sure the concepts of progression, passionate players and the Time To Kill is scaring them all away.

I guess then that if we give everyone everything from scratch so there is nothing to strive for, perma-ban anyone they tries a little to hard and give every player 10K HP or so, so that they can react fast enough, everything will be find?
  13. Pikachu

Compared to games like Counter-Strike, CoD and BF? o_O Imagine if TAR did 250 damage and killed with 1-2 headshots, that's the assault rifles in CS. BASR kills with 1 bodyshot. Compared to PS2, BF is like running around with 25% health all the time, and it's much harder to see enemies. I heard CoD has even shorter TTK. Also most games have hitscan bullets, making killing easier.

Btw it usually takes 2x the expected amount of bullets to kill in ps2.
    • Up x 2
  14. FateJH

A long time ago, I put forth a suggestion that SOE construct the server code thus that one of the Live Servers can be declared a "test server" and new features or rulesets be accessible on it. That will produce live statics based on functionality and guarantees someone will be available to test it.

Main downside would probably be that it would require an internal subversion protocol of some kind to filter for someone playing on the specified server only when they are actually on that server, and that could take its own time to implement
  15. iller

COD is a ghost-town on PC ... and for good reason. On consoles even with aimassist your average newb is still likely to live a lot longer than in this game b/c controllers are a JOKE compared to the accuracy of smooth quality mice. You know it, we all know, the reason Console gamers are separated from PC gamers is even with Aim assist they'd still get completely trounced by PC masterrace in the same Servers together. In Counterstrike we practically run at Doom-SpaceMarine velocity so if you wanted to compare apples to apples there you should have picked Arma series instead.

Battlefield is the only one I can't explain. But It's an ancient series with a super devoted playerbase that hasn't drastically changed in daily hardcore player pop since BF2. And You can't out-BattleField - Battlefield anyway; in hopes to "court" some of that demographic away from it ...It's like what would happen if DAOC was kept heavily updated well into 2015. Trying to poach those players is also like the myriad of WOW clones we watched over the last decade that were doomed to fail from the very beginning because there is already a monopoly on that style of gameplay and anyone who didn't stay in Everquest, was going to stay in WOW instead. There's no point in trying to be Battlefield's little brother. Emulating CS? SURE but only B/c VALVe is horribly slow at updating their games or even counting to THREE for that matter which means there's big gaps of time in between to lure in Steam gamers who are known specifically for trying lots and lots of games so long as they're cheap or free to try out.
  16. Ronin Oni

The ESF railgun....

holy mother of GOD was that thing both hilariously OP and insanely fun.

It was a skill weapon, 100%, but in the right hands (any ace) it would have given supreme air superiority AND good AV
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

BF does what it does very well actually.

The only real gripe I have is all the casualizations that have been added... I play HC precisely to get away from many of them.

Of course, PS2 coppied many of those casualizations :\

I hate, nay, LOATHE with every fiber of my being what 3d spotting has done to shooters.
  18. Scr1nRusher

It could be balanced & brought back
  19. Ronin Oni

yeah, make it as strong as a single lancer shot... (if both left and rigth rounds hit)

make it underwhelming enough like the Valk and it'll be "balanced"
  20. Pikachu

About the railguns, the wing mounted railguns uses an old model for unreleased wing mounted flak weapons. They are called flak in the files and the barrels looks like those of the ranger. There's also an NC light railgun nosegun in the files. The ingame icon for vortek is actually that of the light railgun.