[Suggestion] Construction Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Toldeman, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Toldeman

Ten sugesstions:
    1. Cortium Silos have a Shield, above 20% of storaged cortium
    2. Permanent Silo/Base Status in the HUD of the owner (optional toggle in the configs)
    3. Repairpower and health of repairmodules depends from silo storage ammount. (Huge buff to the modules, if the silo is more filled than 75%)
    4. Paintowers get a buff from 15m to 35m radius, or they can be placed closer to eachother.
    5. If a placeable construction object, colides with an "other" object, THIS object should be highlighted.
    6. Walls do not longer collide with eachother, towers, Bunkers, etc.
    7. If a module operrates on a placed construction part (wall, tower, ect.) there should be no smooth green transition. Green if it works ion that part or not.
    8. Elysium Spawntube should be indestructable, until silo reaches 25% storage. THIS Item is the backbone for reinforcment, but dies to a pistol within seconds oO
    9. Vehicle Spawn Object should be much less flat, this item is quite useless in a hillside.
    10. Infaterie-towers should have resuply terminals too
    Thats all folks, hope you agree ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. chamks

i really like 4,2,5,6. and in general construction could use some work.
  3. Blam320

My personal suggestions are as follows.

1) Rework Bunkers so they can be better integrated into the walls of bases. Adding a couple protrusions so they can be lined up with rampart walls would suffice. Presently, Bunkers are barely used, and they don't really serve a purpose.

2) Make ramparts assemble faster, so bases are easier to build and defend on the front. In fact, I would decrease the time it takes for most base components to assemble. As it stands, the time it takes to set up a base still favors a mostly stationary strategy, which favors building defensively to break up a zerg you already know is coming, without signs of stopping. With how quickly the tide can turn, any changes that favor being able to rebuild on the fly will make basebuilding far more powerful and impactful.

3) To that end, I would rework the Mining Laser so secondary fire drains Cortium, regardless of source, while primary fire deposits it. On that same note, I would allow ANTs to siphon Cortium from Silos, using the same rules that apply to being able to pull construction items for friendly silos and no restrictions for enemy silos. This would enable teams to not let their hard-gathered cortium in one base go to waste, and drastically reduce the time needed to build a new base by eliminating the need to scavenge for more Cortium beforehand.

4) On a similar note, since the Mining Laser can damage enemy construction items, they should refund a small amount of cortium as they are siphoned by the laser. Or make that an unlockable add-on for the ANT to encourage more specialization into anti-base Siege loadouts.

5) De-constructing a construction item should refund a small amount of Cortium if a receptacle is sufficiently close, defaulting to the closest Silo, or if no silo is available the closest ANT with available space in the storage tank.
    • Up x 1