Construction Update: Here's to the Devs...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by GreyGun, May 12, 2023.

1. GreyGun

Dear Devs,
    yeah, I have the feeling you nailed it this time - stroke of genius kinda thing. Gratz!

You reversed the flow of energy in construction, the projection of power - just multiplied it by -1, so to say... turned it inside out - lots of adjustments to come, I think - but this is the way to go IMHO!

What I like:
    - Able to claim wide spaces quite fast - great!
    - (Absolutely willing to give up some survivability for that).
    - Many options to sort out and think about (modules).
    - This update may further the adaptability of construction to tactical challenges.

What I wish for:
    - Streamlined Module Experience (major balancing point, me seems).
    - Skyshield flexibility (footprint too big).

Keep up the great work - I am looking forward to the next update!

Cheers,
  2. 23rd enigma

How?
    One example I can think of ; This update means builder have little response to armor columns. Before the PTS update, you could overload the shield module to allow your base engineers some breathing room to repair a heavily AV damage focused object. Now your building will melt before you're able to switch class tor respond..

I am sure there are more examples but I am curious why you think this is the case.
  3. GreyGun

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I am thinking about these new "free" silos on certain capture points. Building my main base around these will free up my placeable silo for other stuff. I am looking forward to experimenting with smaller throw-away setups:

Someting like a little spawnpoint with an equipment terminal or a fortified pillbox in the jungle. Maybe a treestand with an air terminal or a forward vehicle terminal with some walls around it. Estimated cost 4k- 6k cortium each - quick to harvest, spent even quicker... :)

Nothing that you would think of being "the real thing" like in a "my home ist my castle" mentality. Just something casually thrown into the fray.
  4. Amador

Are you sure about that?

Reddit Video - "Not Surprising, but Armor Balls will still demolish bases no problem."

Not even 2-3 Engineers and a (High Pressure) Heavy Repair Module can keep the largest "Bulwark Walls" repaired against what appears to be 2 MBT's. Construction can no longer be reasonably maintained under any semblance of pressure and will fold by design due to the Dev's - either by intention or incompetence.
    • Up x 2
  5. GreyGun

@Amador - Thx for the link! Oh yeah, I agree - balancing this new system will be quite a task!

What I meant was the change to the modules themselves - reversing the direction of their projection of power. Instead from outside-in it's now inside-out (sushi anyone?). This removes the hassle with the radius of a module influencing the layout of your base - and I am very happy about that! :)
  6. Amador

Here, let me speak in earnest about the situation from my own outlook and assessment.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1. First, an ideal way to assess a situation or the current state of affairs is to always consider a trend. Looking upon the past is often one of our best resources to determine the future. As history tends to repeat itself...

2. Second, from a historical standpoint, the Dev's will often create something before correcting something. In example, I have submitted bug reports over 6 months ago and they're still not fixed at the time of this post. Simple as fixing a vehicle pad so the spawning vehicle doesn't drive directly into a wall...

3. Third, from a realistic standpoint, it has been consistently observed that the Dev's will often build it and abandon it. For example, Oshur was one of their most recent and largest projects. Oshur is plagued with a critically flawed and unsymmetrical Lattice and further complicated by Environmental barriers that make the center of the map an absolute hellscape.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    So, when you say that "balancing this new (construction) system will be quite the a task", you are indeed right.

However, I will assure you that the Dev's will "fix" the Construction update the same way they fixed Containment Sites on Esamir...
    ... They didn't.

(NOTE: By the way, that was posted 14 days ago.
    )