[Suggestion] Construction Types:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Aug 19, 2015.

1. HadesR

From

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2015-update.231548/

So might as well have a thread for peoples suggestions ..

My own ..

Move away from having direct combat builds .. Ie: Turrets either AV / AI / AA

And move towards strategic and combat enhancing constructions ..

Ie: Tank traps , Walls , Bunkers , Sand bag gun nests / Redoubts ..

On a grander scale : Ammo / radar towers , Depots that give certain benefits to the region ( Ie: XP / Resource boosts ) etc etc etc

Your own ?
    • Up x 4
  2. Sagabyte

Triage station: A basic structure that provides a healing aura inside. It's a bunker with healing, essentially.

Repair tower: An ammo tower for vehicle repairs. Any damage while near the tower delays auto-repairs for 5 seconds.

Minefield AI or AV: Lays a minefield with a relatively low density (about 7-8 mines per minefield). Minefields can cover around the width of a road.

Jamming tower: Jams enemy minimap signatures in a 40m radius, presenting false positives and hiding ally signatures.

Just some thoughts
    • Up x 2
  3. HadesR

Maybe also base orientated buildings like a Garage / Medi Tent ... They do nothing themselves but buff Engi repairing and Medic healing within a certain radius.
  4. AlterEgo

YUS.
    YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS.
    • Up x 1
  5. elkikko92

-Torrets
    -Bunker base healing (not my idea)
    -walls?
    -tank traps (tank no able to move in that area)
    -emp area mines
    -ammo tower?
    -radar tower (not my idea)
    -repair tower (not my idea)
    -landing pad tower: galaxy can deploy there
    -control point base: is a little base that contain a control point. More is close to enemy base, and more affect control timer base speed. You can also deploy in your outpost (outside of course) and it give low control timer spped (protection).
    It can be destroyed by tanks, or HACKED by a lot of infiltrator
  6. Demigan

Spawntower: Provides droppod-spawnpoints for all players. It's advantages are that it isn't auto-spotted on the radar (making it better than a normal Sunderer) and that it doesn't have a giant light on top (making it better than the spawnbeacon). Disadvantage is ease of destruction and lack of terminals to chance classes etc.

Mini vehicle pad: As long as it's got resources, you can spawn vanilla Flashes for travel. This takes resources from the pad, not the player, making it an ideal quick-transport utility for when the Sunderer has to be placed at a small distance.

Infantry terminal:
    You want to have some infantry resupply and changing classes? Place one of these somewhere (although the added value compared to a Sunderer might be discutable.

Shieldwall: Place a shield somewhere for your troops to hide behind. The advantage of a shieldwall over normal walls is that griefing is reduced (players placing a wall behind their allies to prevent them backing up and repairing for instance). So it only stops bullets and explosives, not the tanks itself. It can be destroyed with enough firepower. Alternatively you can shoot the generator and destroy the shield instantly. If you don't destroy the generator the shield will recharge eventually.

Shielddome: Lower health, more coverage. For when you need to defend a Sunderer for instance. Lattice generator: Allows you to connect two bases that aren't normally connected. You need to build one in your own base, and one near the hostile base (so not at the edge of the enemy base territory, but actually close to the enemy base).

Edit:
  7. CipherNine

I think all spawnrooms and vehicle bays should be player-made and non-captureable, only destroyable.

So essentially allow outfits to build bases from scratch and ditch current base capture mechanic.
  8. elkikko92

build? Maybe a new continent! Player driven. But destroyble is a new physic, that is not in ps2

also veichle terminal!!!
  9. CipherNine

It doesn't have to be anything fancy like in Battlefield. When structure gets destroyed it would just disappear like when you destroy a vehicle.
  10. elkikko92

dont like, not realistic.
    And, maybe is more sense if developers make a patterns of outpost and player choos a pattern.
    The best idea is to create that control point has maybe 20 minute caopture timer; when down the outpost diseappers
  11. elkikko92

• Up x 1
  12. Pelojian

only if this was a new continent and the devs had to approve each base just like with player studio items, they could appoint spots where they want the bases and you get to build one to submit.

otherwise what is to stop people making bases like wall-o-mir with the added twist of roofside and putting them all over so infantry doesn't have to be under threat from aircraft or tanks and can pretend they don't exist for the duration of the base fight?
  13. CipherNine

You bring a good point. What if players start building highly defensible bases which block aircraft and tanks and force infantry into kill zones?

Well that's why structures should be destructible. So even if Wallamir-type of base gets built, tanks can still destroy the walls. Engineers can try to prevent that from happening by repairing the walls but every repair tick should drain base's nanite pool.

At the same time every structure should have weak points. If infantry manages to enter the base and plant C4 on those weak points they can take out huge chunks of health and kill the wall faster.

Another possibility is to allow attackers to build siege structures... like giant artillery which can bombard the base walls.

There are lots of possibilities.

I think that players should be allowed to build base structures freely wherever they want. That is the main appeal of this system I think: scan the surrounding, see what your opponent has built so far and decide what and where will you start building.
  14. ALN_Isolator

How about guard towers like the ones at waterson's redemption? Not because I want them... Because I like to jump into them with my ripper :D
  15. FBVanu

We brought this up a long time ago..

The HEX RADAR.. once built, it shows ALL enemies.. infantry, ground vehicles, air. in that particular hex.
    A reward for the defender's ability to be able to finish the construction of this radar dish.

Attackers can destroy this radar dish.. (a good target for tank/vehicle game play)

This Radar Dish should only be for larger bases..

The advantage would be huge for the defenders, thus it should require lots of ANTs/Nanites etc..
    A strategic reason to build it
    Some squads would probably specialize to build them and defend them
    A high value target for the attackers..

Before you even begin to attack the Tech Plant, you have to find this big radar dish, or the ANT vehicles
    bringing the supplies for it.. now you have two objectives to take care of...
  16. Haquim

To be honest, I'd really like to see the system first before making suggestions for real. (meaning I actually though about it)

Depending on what they did it could be almost anything.
    Ranging from a bunker you have to deploy directly next to your ANT
    or allowing an Engineer to exchange his turret for a "deployable cover" kit at the ANT terminal that constructs up to three obstacles you can take cover behind (that have high HP and armor).
    Or a "guidance station" that allows any member for your faction to join the battle per droppod in the next 5 minutes (then the station runs out of energy). Additionally the droppods can be steered better like in the early stages of the game, when droppods were a legit counter to Liberators.....

And why stop with buildings?
    As the evil guy in that one "Robots" movie said: Its all about UPGRADE NOW upgrades.
    I just spent the last 30 minutes mining - the next 50 people who are allowed to access my vehicle (The ANT) can also access the terminal and upgrade their equipment. (only as long as the resources suffice)
    Fraggrenade with 25% more damage OR 15% more radius? 50 purple crystals.
    Upgrade your weapons damage one tier? 200 crystals.
    250 more hp for your shield? 300 crystals.
    Overcharging ZOE so it works like pre-nef: 800 crystals.
    (Those upgrades are LOST if you are killed, even if you get a revive - except the grenade maybe)

And why stop with upgrades?
    Bring those resources back to your WG (even better yet: An Interlink Station) to construct some kind of faction specific Superweapon.
    Wether its a faction flavored orbital bombardment, or something like that colossus tank, I DON'T CARE.

The possibilites are ENDLESS.

I just want the resource system to hand out enough power to be worth the effort. Which of course means that it should give a considerable edge over people that don't use it.
    Those people still have the option to interrupt their enemy while he is gathering, but it should not be possible to simply ignore it.