Construction system repair bugs still around.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RaiMarie, Jul 1, 2022.

1. RaiMarie

Alright so I know we have these repair nodules to repair bases with passively and yes, I do use them all the time, but on a few things, it's the only way to repair the building because the repair hitbox is either almost impossible or nearly impossible. The #1 building that seems impossible to repair with the repair gun is the vehicle gate. I have pointed at every pixel around the gate and I am unable to repair it. It was not until I spawned a lightning and parked in center of the gate and angled the cannon as high as it will go (non-skyguard cannon). I then stood at tip of it and tried moving the repair gun around but only found like a pixel of space that the gate would actually register the repair gun. Obviously, this has to be a design flaw and hopefully devs will try to figure something out.

Next up is the vehicle pad. The only way I was able to repair it was to stand in middle of pad and angle a certain way at the center just to see the repair beam finally go off. Just like with the gate, it had to be pixel perfect. Everyone knows to never stand on a pad, but you have to in this case to repair it far as I know without the use of repair nodule.

Some other things are difficult to repair at times like the silo or the big wall that have no ports. They require you to angle it or be standing in right spot to repair it, but these are much easier and not too concerning. Most other things require you to aim at a "terminal" thingy like what you see behind a normal wall or the tower/pillbox and those are working as intended. Unfortunately, like the first examples I gave like the gate, aiming at that "terminal" thingy will never repair it and thus I feel is bugged and annoying for builders or people in general trying to keep bases alive.

Again, I understand repair nodules will do the job, but they do need help and sometimes not always reliable under heavy fire or a glaive cannon is disabling the nodules, so it helps to have repair guns functional and capable of repairing all things properly without having to stand on a tank cannon to do so for case of gate. Sorry for long post, but it needed to be done as I have suffered from this problem for very long time and still have this problem.