[Suggestion] Construction System Ideas

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jac70, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jac70

A few things I think would positively effect the construction of PMBs.

1) Mini Spawn Room Structure

I'd like to see a new structure asset. Basically a small building with a doorway, a spawn tube inside and an infantry terminal. Shielded like a standard spawn room however would need a nearby shield module for this to function. This would allow a safe spawn and a more defensible terminal without the need for a bunker.

2) Smaller Light Vehicle Structure

The current vehicle spawn is a PITA to place due to it's size. I think it could be narrower without affecting its function. If it was deeper it would be easier to place on ground that isn't totally flat.

3) Hive De-activation Process

Could be used tactically to make a PMB less noticeable if your Hex is being overrun. Plus it would allow the user to shut down and deconstruct a core when no longer needed (without the need to lose all your Cortium stockpile).
    • Up x 2
  2. Blam320

1) You can already kind of do this with a Bunker or Infantry Tower + a Spawn Tube.

2) I know they are a problem for small bases that can really only support one squad, even two, but for bases that can support a platoon or larger the size isn't really an issue. Though, we could re-visit the ANVIL system, with a construction module allowing people who interact with it to spawn a Flash at any location within a fixed radius.

3) Part of the trade-off for bases supporting HIVES is how visible they are, meaning they become priority targets. A full Shutdown sequence harms your faction's war effort, and eliminates the necessity of having a large, well-defended base when one goes active. You could just activate one for a few minutes, then de-activate and move the core to a new base when the first one is compromised.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

1) No, bunkers and Infantry towers are not spawn rooms. The huge bunker is pretty much worthless other than for its terminal but because it is exposed that is always the first thing an Inf will go for. Leaving you with either a terminal you cannot use or a respawn as an Inf to flip it back. A spawn room would give a secure area with a terminal to the base builders, they can shoot out but cannot be shot at - as long as it has a shield gen protecting it of course.

2) Most bases are small, created by either single players or small groups. If it is possible to make the vehicle spawn smaller it would help smaller bases and have no effect on large bases.

3) Yeah the tactical shut down is pretty much irrelevant. I just thought of it as I was suggesting it but it's not the real reason I would like to see a shut down sequence. Once you hit your Cortium target there is no longer a need to have a Hive running. The base can be repurposed as an Orbital Strike Generator. You cannot build an OSG in a location close to a Hive so you need to get rid of the Hive. You cannot deconstruct a HIve that is running so you need to deconstruct your silo, wait for the Hive to go offline then deconstruct it. Then build another silo, then fill it up again. (that's from my experience anyway, maybe there is another way to do it)
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

Most of the time, people build bases meant for HIVES far enough back from the front lines that if it was repurposed as an OSG, it wouldn't have the range to make an impact, unless the situation changes and you find yourselves on the defensive.

And a full-on spawn room really should be saved for standard bases only. But I agree, the Bunker needs a rework, at least so it isn't a total waste of resources. I would personally remake the sloped protrusions into vertical pieces that can be better aligned with ramparts or other exterior walls.
  5. ShiroSan

I would love this as you wouldn't have to disable your base to replace it with an orbital strike once your faction starts an alert. Obviously it needs some sort of warning/time such as it begins to flash on the map/mini-map. And to stop the de-activation they simply have to overload the hive or attack it directly. But i'd say if the shield is up they'd have to de-activate the shield first to stop this process.
  6. Luicanus

I had an Idea for a pain field module that would in conjunction with other assets allow for homemade spawn buildings.
  7. Kdog559

The one thing I would love to see the DEV's bring in is towers. Place two towers and put a gate shield up and some walls around it and place some turrets and bases would be sick.
    • Up x 2
  8. Luicanus

I had an idea for a pain field module that would in conjunction with other assets allow for homemade spawn buildings. But a dedicated spawn room would be a useful addition. I like your thoughts on the other points also.

A few ideas I've have included:

Modules
    Pain Module, generates a pain field in a radius of 10-15m
    Stealth Module
    , acts identically to the Sunderer cloak effect. Hides allied infantry within the field of effect.
    Module Armour, placed on existing modules and snaps into place when close enough. Reduces damage taken by module by 20%

Logistics
    Gravity Lift, could be set to 10m, 20m or 30m. Useful for LAs to gain height to repel enemy armour.
    Jump Pad, direction dictated by placement and angle by an attached terminal.
    Cortium Pump, when placed within the 100m radius of a silo creates its own 60m radius in which the silo powers buildings. Note: cannot be placed within 65m of another Cortium Pump (no chaining them together).

Generators
    Lattice Blockade, When built in a friendly Hex this generator secures the base from having the enemy initiate an attack. Same mechanics as backcapping, if they've already started it won't stop them. But if the base is fully secured it becomes locked down until the Blockade base is destroyed.

Decoration
    Outfit Banner, works similar to the normal banner but uses the Outfit Vehicle Decal.
    Player Statue, creates a duplicate of the player Model (with the primary weapon or sidearm if Stalker) standing on a plinth. Could be made Grey like other buildings or some more decorative colour.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1