[Suggestion] Construction semi-permanent buildings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WarmasterRaptor, May 28, 2023.

1. WarmasterRaptor

Hi all,

It's been forever since I've been in these halls!

I've been hearing and reading quite a bit of feedback about construction, and I'd like to share few ideas that I had about after that, who knows, it might help construction's impact in the game.

How about the Player constructed structures do no completely "vanish/despawn" after being destroyed?
    Of course, that means that the Devs would have to create "broken" structures that'd behave just like the classic base turrets. Making in effect, the building non-usable/fonctionnal.
    Barely usable cover and all, collapsed building on itself, etc.

The way to remove these "junk/debris" would be either with : the welder/construction tool, the engineer tool or the ANT's mining tool. Or after a good cooldown/delay, to clean up abandonned assets.

The idea here is to allow a base to "resurrect" from its ashes/debris, the destroyed base components being repairable by players.
    This would greatly help builders maintain the layout of their bases, making bases having a longer lifespan, and I think a stronger impact in the game.

An another thing, could be that these wrecks are hackable, allowing then the invader to bring back the player base to operations, serving as a new foothold for the next push/attack.
    A way to possibly counter that would be to put the Firewall module so it self-destructs instead after the hack.

And finally : potentially allow base assets to "clip" to each other ?
    Or create one "building/pillar" that would serve that purpose? more permissive with constructions items hitboxes and all?

Anyway, these are my ramblings about the Construction system :)

Thanks for reading!