Construction Q&A: Ask your questions and help fellow players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Apr 29, 2016.

1. DeadAlive99

Do you have questions about the construction system? Ask them here, and if you can answer the questions, please do! Once we get enough info from the various threads, we can get it into the various wikis.

Here's one of mine:

Owned vs. Active cores.

The update notes say that you can capture cores by destroying enemy Hives, but what if the enemy owns several cores but they're not active? How can your faction get more cores if the enemy has a bunch of inactive cores?

For example, right now I'm looking at NC with 1/3, TR with 0/4, and VS at 0/0. There's only one active core on the map.

If the only way to get cores from the enemy is to wait until they build active Hives, and then destroy them, well.....that HAS to be changed, because a faction, either intentionally or just happenstance, can simply horde cores.
  2. FieldMarshall

A lot of questions people may have can probably be answered in this (Wrel) video:

3. DeadAlive99

Thanks, while that video doesn't discuss the problem I mention, it more or less confirms it by not mentioning it.
  4. DeadAlive99

Ok, the answer to my question is: The only way to get new cores for your faction is by destroying active enemy HIVE's.

Developers on Reddit are actively discussing this problem now.
    -------

Anyone else have questions? Post away!