[Suggestion] Construction module that allows cut off Allied hex to be part of the empire again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 23rd enigma, Apr 27, 2023.

1. 23rd enigma

I think this might be a good Idea. Make a module that builders can place that will allow a cutoff hex to act as if it wasn't. It would only affect the hex where the module is active on. The module could be like an SCU/shield gen where you have to overload it, or perhaps a beefy radio "Uplink" like the current preupdate OS.
  2. aversi0n

Two years ago or so, I had similar ideas, but it looks like a more dynamic lattice link system is not wanted. Or it is to confusing to handle for the developers or the players or both of them. Indeed Daybreak always wants to hook new players (= fresh Oshur fish), so they design their core gameplay as easy as possible to understand. With an untouchable grid like the lattice link system, even fresh fish always know, what is going on. The untouchable lattice will be there forever I think, forever!
  3. OSruinedPS1

Can't anyone already spawn at your base in a cutoff hex?
  4. 23rd enigma

I'm talking about the base counting towards alert % and re-enabling the dev base spawn. You'll have to defend both bases.