Construction Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Smoo, May 16, 2023.

1. Smoo

From the update:

>Reduce barrier to entry for players looking to engage with the system

Wait, really? Let's count the deploy items cert costs. 500, 500, 1500, etc..........

14,500 certs for the FIRST screen of construction objects.
    9,750 certs for the SECOND screen of objects
    And 2,500 for the last 2 items.

That's 26,750 certs for all the stuff, plus two cosmetic that are DBG-only.

This is like giving every player pistols, and making them pay THOUSANDS of certs for rifles, armor, rocket launchers, etc. If you pulled this with basic infantry tools, the game would have died IN BETA.
    • Up x 1
  2. Smoo

Along with the other points that everyone has been raising, and DBG has been apparently ignoring, as usual.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

have you read the costs from PTS? cause the patch isn´t live yet
  4. Smoo

I'd reading the CURRENT costs from a live screen. The only explanation for ORIGINAL massive construction cert costs was DBG wanting to drive people buying bundles/cash to skip it. Bundles for cosmetics is tolerable, but not for entire systems. It's like making players buy basic infantry stuff with cash, like the FIRST rocket launcher and LMG costing 1000 or 1500 to unlock. Which you have to farm with a pistol and every other slot empty.

They should have glowy cosmetics that cost DBC, and upgrades that cost certs, and usable baseline stuff just AVAILABLE.

It's a huge barrier to entry. Which they claim to want to reduce, after very deliberately CREATING it in the first place.
  5. Jonas Chupp

So you're looking at the current state... Rather than the improved state that will literally be here TOMORROW. And you just posted this TODAY.
    Are you trying to hurry up and milk salt from a problem before you lose your chance by it being fixed?? Who tf does that lol
  6. TR5L4Y3R

okay, now feel free to complain about the silly certcosts ...
    ... especialy for walls ....
    1500 certs for both narrow and wide bulwark, 1000 for blastgate and blastwall ...
    1000 certs for one reacon array ...
    1000 certs for the module dispenser ...

i am not going through everything but yeah .....
    even even SOME assets have been reduced in cost (*quiet yay* -_-)
    the cost of the new stuff and overall accesibility to PMB assets became just as ridiciolous if not WORSE!
    • Up x 1
  7. Smoo

I'm SAYING that they don't get any points for "fixing" a problem they CREATED and never addressed before.
  8. Smoo

Yeah, looking at the costs. It didn't get better for new players. I might have all the toys, but a new player will look at this and go shoot mans instead.