[Suggestion] Construction heading in a positive direction :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, May 19, 2020.

1. karlooo

Construction is finally starting to feel a little bit better.
    Firstly the OS getting countered by the Skyshield is a perfect and long due update (I just noticed it from the OW lol, cause I stopped using the module to visually hide my base better).

Anyways I like where construction is heading --> Into a production facility, which I'll talk about later but first I wanted to mention a problem I have....The high Cortium drain (Not cost).
    I think the Cortium cost should become higher and the Cortium drain for the powered structures should be lowered to a very minimum number.
    Basically this high drain makes me not willing to build a complete base anymore. Example: you need supplies to fight the Bastion? - Silo, Spawn, Air Terminal and done! It's simple I don't have to worry about resupplying it once it's finished its use (Low drain)....What I'm trying to say is the construction player shouldn't get punished for building a complete base, you should get rewarded for putting a lot of time and effort into something. Just like finding the correct spot to deploy the Sunderer, that's why I'm suggesting a very low drain in return for increased costs, so once the base is finished and unused I don't have to worry about constantly coming back to resupply. I just want to play the game and when it's time for the base to be used, then I should do my job and keep the resources up so my allies can pull vehicles.

It also would be nice to show to your faction or platoon on the map, where and what type of base you have, without having to directly communicate with some leader and confuse him.
    I mentioned this in the past and I still think its a good idea - It would be to use the structure 'Faction Banner' which could be purchased through DB cash like currently or received by completing the Expert Construction directive. Both would show that you are a serious construction player and you most likely won't troll.
    • Up x 2
  2. TRspy007

If anything they could add a module (or even a generator that can be overloaded!) that passively generates a bit of cortium, enough to keep the base running at a minimum.

Bases under siege will therefore be able to hold a little longer, bases that are just used for routers will be able to sustain themselves a bit, and huge bases will still require resupply from ANTs, but not eat through resources as fast.

Either that or just reduce drain rate as you said.
    • Up x 1