Construction bases are using too much cortium.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Okjoek

What the title says. I try building a base and it's near impossible to do solo construction now which sucks unless you're near the warpgate or a cortium-spawning rich region of the map.

The bases literally use so much cortium now that there's not enough of it on most parts of the map.
    • Up x 2
  2. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

one person PMB used 12.5 units of cortium a second. A full silo will be empty in 50000/12.5=4000 seconds or 4000/60=66.66 minutes. Thats with a Flail, Router, Orbital, 3 walls, two gates, all modules no other structures. Not much time
  3. Suicidalspectre

Also assuming it's just sitting idle, not being used or attacked.
  4. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

yeah, more modules and structures increase decay rate. You can time the decay but putting the ant up to the silo and just watch and time it. It is scary how fast it drains.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kristan

If devs won't reduce the cortium burn, then it would be nice to see cortium taps to return, those would make sense now.
  6. OgreMarkX

I warned about this many times before. I'm sorry but the game designers just don't understand their own game.

Example? They think a player wants to constantly drive an ANT around looking for Cortium and the designer obviously only does that task on a dev machine or test server.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pacster3

8. AtckAtck

Yes, Fix this mess now. The drain is too much. I literally quit trying to build a base because of it. (And i have everything unlocked.)
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

construction is dead anyway now that walls won't protect your base,
    i just wanna be able to dump 10k into a silo for my routing spire and not need to top it up every 5 minutes...
    even with no modules it'll be spamming me with "critically low cortium!" within minutes.
    this patch was a huge construction nerf, ironic given their pitch that they want to make it more a part of the game.

revert wall nerf + revert cortium nerf = construction is great again.
    • Up x 1
  10. TR5L4Y3R

buff glaive to be a effective moduleblocker or killer .. and hurt infantry and vehicles a bit .. also it should be fairly effective vs skyshields ...
    OS-Pmb´s need a propper counter that is not another OS-Pmb ..
  11. dopy7dvs

I would rather cortium spawn be increased. Yes, the bases use too much, too quickly but if cortium spawn more readily we would at least get some certs to maintain the base.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pacster3

Like some kind of OS denial zone that starts out in a similar fashion as OS in a PMB. Glaive could take that one out then(basicly the counter for the counter). Currently the glaive is useless and needs a buff. The skyshields are way too useless these days(given how weak walls are, that the shields still leave space to shoot through as ESF/Lib, that auto AA-turrets have been nerfed and that bases have little use these days) that someone would build a glaive which needs several fire sequences to take it out for a limited time.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

why have it start out like a OS? the glaive is a emp artillery with a already set range from the start ... it should not need a chargeup .. the glaive should be a PMB answer to pmb´s that are well covered in defenses .. you build it reactionary to prevent the OS to fire and pmbmodules to function so you can attack it easier when undefended ..

i agree on the defenses needing some buffs as well as cortiumdrain to be decreased
    but imo pmb´s do have their uses still ... players just need to figure out were to place them when it´s not about using the OS ...
  14. HaxMax

Certain construction features are still using too much cortium per second. It's still a full time job to keep a half-decent base from running out of cortium.
  15. iller

My main complaint ... (after having completely memorized where every single cortium node is on every Cont) ... is that the Placement of it, and the over-prevalence of 2k only spawns is way too out of balance with actual player base Demand.

A more even geographical distribution, and increased in 6k frequency is Necessary

Most of the time if there's ANY other base in a 6-hex region next to you, you're gonna be driving at least 2x4 hexes back in order to keep your silo stocked. That's a Lattice region of almost 9 hexes you have to revisit EVERY TIME you want to keep your god**mned silo in the yellow unless a miracle happens and a 35k node spawns somewhere close by (if a 35k is more than 3 hexes back, a buncha other ANTs will completely devour it before you can haul even half of it up to your Front line base that's actually serving more purpose than just being some 12 year old's MineCraft project)
  16. JibbaJabba

/climbsintolflame******antsuit
    /goesdowninbunker

I think it's fine!

An alert duration is a good measurement I think.

Check the reddit post that pacster posted.
    For a basic base without multiple modules of a given type the silo is enough to last an entire alert with a single ant run during the alert to supplement.

If you get into the "city base" type of thing where multiple players are needed for duplicates and such. Yeah, you'll need not just a top off run, but a full silo refill over the course of an alert. But just one. And you have teammates for this.

If anything they need to work on the cortium placement like iller mentioned. Just banish the damn 2k nodes, replace all of them with 6k and we'd be good I think.
  17. JustGotSuspended

would be cool if they added back the HIVEs. This time the HIVE is used to generate cortium.

Maybe the cortium rate increases to match the growth of the base, or just grows over time. That way the silo should be stocked to build and get the base up and running, and the HIVE can sustain the base once the ANTs get trolled by vulcan skillrassers or skill2g pounders.
  18. iller

not exactly.... it took 2 and 1/2 of us non stop cortium running to keep this silo from dropping into the orange every 5 minutes. And I was traveling the farthest (all the way towards the ENEMY warpgate to fill up my fully upgraded ANT capacity).

[IMG]

We did win that alert however so.... YAY Us . . I guess??
    ..I just wish I could have spent more time actually playing in it, rather than FED-ex questing like I was in frikkin' ESO/WOW

well thank you ... appreciate that acknowledgement
  19. iller

what if umm... they generated ... some other resource instead that DIDN'T cause a direct exploitable feedback loop?
    (we got too many of those already in this MMORPG)

2 options off the top of my head:
    • Multiplier for the Blue/Green outfit "Juice" of the Lattice base closest by?
    • Recharges a "Cortium Shield" for Galaxies / Libs / Valks (much like the Colossus tank) so that they can do a single pass "bombing run" even if the lattice cap is swarming with angry flak MAXes/RangerBusses? ....(this would greatly reduce the over-dependency on Orbital strike / C4 gimmicks currently used to suppress those two AA zerging crutches)
  20. LS1080

I second this. Lower the goddamn consumption, we don't want to babysit.