Constant Disconnects / Aimbots / Graphics Issues / Weapons Imbalance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HellasVagabond, Dec 1, 2012.

1. HellasVagabond

So so far after the BETA we have
    1) Disconnections all the time
    2) People using Aimbots
    3) Broken Graphics (mainly due to extreme Lag)
    4) And an amazing weapon imbalance between the 3 factions. I mean NC should have the strongest weapons, TR should have the ones firing the most rounds and VS should have the most accurate ones. THAT is not the case however. Not to mention that the AA guns are nerfed so much that an aircraft must be 50m away for them to hit it and much much more.

So my question is does the entire Development team like their job ? It certainly Doesn't look like it and so if they don't why not make room for people who actually Love what they do ?
    PS 2 may be a Free2Play game but some people (myself included) pay for it and from what i see so far this game doesn't deliver even half of what PS1 did.
    I know i may sound a bit harsh but let's face it, we live in difficult times and so whoever is not doing the job he is supposed to do then he doesn't deserve to have that job, the same goes for the Devs who decided to launch an imperfect game which may still take years to perfect.
  2. Mansen

1. "Disconnects" is an incredibly loose term. The only kind of disconnect I have had that wasn't directly tied to a server shutdown or restart were in the beta. Back then I had a period of two weeks with constant random disconnects during gameplay.

2. Never going to disappear, but they are being combated as well as can be expected. - are you naive or haven't you played any F2P games at all?

3. Another all too loose term being flung around there.

4. MMOs - Neverending balances. You should see some of the 360"s that WoW have had over the years.
  3. HellasVagabond

1) Disconnects as in every 20-30 minutes...Something i didn't have in the beta (imagine that).
    2) Combated how ? When they can shoot at you even when you are 200m away and 99% covered behind something couldn't that be used by SOE ? I mean ok 1 random shot would mean little even at the above circamstances, but continuous shots should be like a RED beacon for SOE.
    3) Vanguards dropping once spawned into the groung. Has been reported 100 times. Graphics becoming blurry all the time, again reported by many. People flying and doing dissapearing acts due to lag, again reported. Hardly a loose term.
    4) I don't care what happens with other games. PS has a SPECIFIC strategy when it comes to each faction which is not hard to follow. How would be it hard for example to give +20% power to NC weapons, +20% faster firing to TR weapons and +20% accuracy to VS weapons ? (random percentages but you get the point).