Conspiracy theory...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Aug 19, 2013.

1. NovaAustralis

So after playing PS2 over the weekend including through several alerts, I noticed something.
    At first I dismissed it, but once I noticed it, I saw it more and more.

I would often encounter other players, always sub-BR20, with names like "jared123" doing things randomly.
    Such as player "dylan1889" shooting his AI Turret from inside the spawn room, at nothing outside.
    Such as other random players not staying on the capture point or not staying to guard a generator but instead running to and from random locations in and around a base.
    These random players would throw grenades at empty rooms or rooms with only friendlies inside.
    Random engineers that don't repair the MAX right next to them.
    Random medics that don't revive you, but run right past.
    These players don't respond to any /tell that you send them.
    These players are not in any outfit.

Now, we might dismiss this as just noob behaviour but I have another explanation.
    So, the PS2 conspiracy is this...
    That bots have been quietly introduced into the game by SOE!
    *Dun dun DUN!*

Why would SOE do this?
    These bots are in-game to bolster population and faction numbers.
    They have very poor AI scripts obviously, so they are essentially 'fodder' for the real players.

This explains the random appearances in the middle of nowhere.
    This explains their non-responsive nature.
    This explains their lack of coordination and not being in an outfit.
    This explains the erratic behaviour.
    This explains everything!
    [IMG]

*If I 'disappear' in the near future, please contact the authorities and have SOE investigated!
    • Up x 51
  2. Kristan

:eek:
    • Up x 32
  3. Tack

I like that they're not introduced by cert-farmers who want to beef up characters on other factions/servers.
    Nah, they're made by SOE as Filler-People!

FILLER
    PEOPLE.
    • Up x 7
  4. Stew360

I dont see these bots on matherson lol , i have think about that after the recently ( low BR ) everywhere but i end up talking to many of them and seams pretty human to me lol

Also if they did that why VS on matherson always have 40 to 49 % pops 80 % of the play time ?

And why the pops are almost never balanced at all when you look at every regions on the maps ?
  5. Mxiter

No problems if its live. Sometimes, bots are better than bad players and still useful than spawn room warriors.
  6. Rohnlex

• Up x 2
  7. UNSCSpartan051

• Up x 2
  8. AlmostTerrible

I think it's just Briggs TBH.

We're all stupid like that.
    • Up x 12
  9. Ash87

We need a facepalm smiley.

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  10. ent|ty

Wow it would certainly explain some of the superhuman behaviour I've seen from the same low BR levels, their accuracy far better than they should be.
    Or it still just lag again.

But yeah, in a game like this, with so many bullets and spam flying anywhere, its hard to tell if you were the victim of game cheats, and the same would apply to bots, if they were conservatively sprinkled throughout the game.
    • Up x 2
  11. AuxiMoron

Good god...it all makes sense now....
    • Up x 6
  12. Serafine

I strongly believe these are human players simply because I think that no artificial intelligence can ever beat human stupidity.
    • Up x 22
  13. HappyT

• Up x 2
  14. WUNDER8AR

Seems legit.
    • Up x 2
  15. Erilis

• Up x 2
  16. Ledric

On Waterson I ran into some Vanu that followed each other in a straight line to their destinations. They were all medics and there was at least two dozen of them. Later that night during an alert I ran into them again at a tech plant. I stood in plain sight with the MCG and killed the majority of them, none of them bothered to shoot back. They kept healing each other and continued moving along. I stumbled on them again in a generator room and started shooting, they acted all confused, just jumped around and tried healing each other, didn't bother to return fire again. I don't know if people can multibox in this game but that's what came to mind when I ran into them each time.
    • Up x 11
  17. Ripshaft

lol I was almost going to comment saying you missed "and these players never leave the spawn when it's under even light attack" but then realized that was the norm and felt very sad lol
    • Up x 4
  18. Dingus148

Taste like filler, walk like people
    • Up x 4
  19. jihon83

I'd be quicker to believe that they are just accounts created for "false flag" operations that people allege skullduggerous outfits use.
  20. Serafine

If they were medics why should they shoot back? It would be like killing the goose that lays golden eggs. A medic squad is the only unit in the game that is able to actually farm on itself. They get wagonloads of certs up their bums just because they squad-resurrect each other over and over and over again. I've seen whole platoons doing this during Tech Plant alerts.
    • Up x 1