Consolidated Camos: Will there be refunds or reimbursement?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Plague Rat, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Plague Rat

According to the 2/25 patch notes:
    My question is, will there be any kind of reimbursement for past purchases of the same camo of multiple types now that they are being consolidated into one item?

Case in point, about a month ago I purchased multiple versions of the Dark Digital Camo, and they were each on the expensive side. Do I get anything as compensation for the now redundant purchases?
    • Up x 8
  2. HadesR

Not sure how they will work it TBH .. Ie: Are they going to " gift " the other Camo's in the set to those that purchased one or two of the three ..

If not doesn't it make it less likely that people will purchase the ones they are missing .. For example if I have weapon and armour X camo .. i'm never going to buy the vehicle one and double up on the ones I already own .. Guess that will come down to pricing more than anything ..

Be interesting to see what they do ..
  3. Rogueghost

A refund would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  4. Elrobochanco

Guess it depends on if it hits live exactly like here...and what they end up costing there. If they are $15 well then probably get nothing, if they are 5-10, well I guess potential for certmas?
    • Up x 1
  5. Blarg20011

Would be cool, although they might just grant us the camos we don't have and raise the price of them all.
  6. Wobberjockey

it would be nice.

i know i went out of my way to get complete camp sets a few times.
    even if i just got the SC refunded, i'd be happy ( then i could pick up something else)
  7. Plague Rat

Not sure if they'll raise the prices or not. The Dark Digital Camos were 1000 SC a pop. Not sure how well it would fly to have a $30 camo on the store if all someone want's it for is their weapon.
  8. RadioActiveLobster

I am wondering this as well. I like this change (I though separate Armor, Weapon and Vehicle camos were dumb) but I've spend a lot of money on getting the same camo 3 times.

I want either reimbursement or give me a 6 month Heroic boost and we'll call it even.
  9. Plague Rat

I'm kind of okay if they don't do anything because I did buy one of those ultimate camo packs once upon a time that was every armor camo at the time, which I'll now have available for weapons and armor when it hits, but I'm just kind of kicking the crap out of myself for impulse buying the Dark Digitals.
  10. Steel Soldier

I have purchased more camo then I should have. However I will find it hard that we would get anything in the way of reimbursement.

You have a business, you sell a widget for 5, jimmyjog for 5 and whatit for 5. Your customers either choose to buy one, two or even by them all for 15. Over time of sales and with stats in your hand you realize you can sell more if they are combined into one unit. Now you sell all three for 10. Future customers increase because now they get all three for basically the price of 2 and now those on the fence for buying are buying in.

I ask you this:
    - are you going to give 5 back to all your customers that purchased all three times in the past?
    - are you going to charge those that only bought one of them 5 dollars for the other two?
    - are you going to give the third for free if a customer already purchase 2 of them?

There are businesses that state they have the lowest prices and will beat the competition by 10%. There are some businesses that offer a 30 day no questions asked refund. There are some that will meet the price and give you the difference if you find what you purchased cheaper anywhere else.

There is no such thing with SOE. Anything they give back is buy their choice, and they are not required to anything and you are not entitled to it either.

Just like some of the warning on the game online game, "game experiences may change" well so does the business model.

STEEL
  11. WyrdHarper

It would buy a lot of goodwill, that's for sure. The issue is people have bought things on sale etc., so a flat reimbursement would be difficult. However, I think a camo voucher for every duplicate (3 for triplicates) would be reasonable and a nice thank you to those of us who have spent 7500-30000SC for a single set more than once. I think they underestimate goodwill. I'm currently unwilling to spend much money because of #TRMattherson problems, but that doesn't mean I don't have a shopping wishlist, just that I'm not in a happy place.

If SOE gave me a couple free camos because I've bought a few sets, I'd be pretty happy.
    (Not that I expect it, it would just be nice. Plus I'd get to look pretty).
    • Up x 3
  12. Lakora

Hopefully they'll reimburse the SC or compensate in some manor, while they're not required or even obligated too. IF they do it will be viewed as good customer support not necessarily conciously but anyway with good customer support people are more likely to return to the same store or retailer again, then going somewhere else.

So basically while they'd most likely go at a loss for a week or more since they aren't pulling the SC out of their *** (so to say) they will in the long run make a monetary gain due to the fact that those who did get reimbursed will be more inclined to buy more SC n spend in then if they don't get reimbursed. Now this does not only apply to those effected by the change, due to people being social creatures the word will spread that they got well good customer support and new people will look and be more inclined after being reassured that the customer support is good.

Now do note I'm using customer support in a sense of as an entire business decision not necessarily the actual product customer support you'd get under help.

Do note I have no actual knowledge of economics or business economics or management of any sorts. I do on the other hand have knowledge of human behaviour and social interaction between humans.
    • Up x 1
  13. Alarox

It'll be interesting to see how they convert between the two systems for people who have already bought camos. I see three potential outcomes:

1.) They'll just convert people who already bought pieces of a camo set to the whole camo set.

If you bought 1/3 or 2/3 camos of this set then you're already getting the remaining camo/s for free, and you're automatically benefiting from this change.

2.) They'll give you a complete refund of the camos you've bought and will expect you to buy the new camo sets.

3.) They'll keep the individual (infantry/vehicle/weapon) camos you've already bought in the game, but add the complete camo sets into the game for future buyers.

----------------

As an aside, we can expect the prices for a camo set to be between 750 and 1250 SC.
  14. Regpuppy

Do I expect or feel entitled to something for buying early? No. Do I feel a bit of buyers remorse now? Well, yeah. But I won't fret either way. I know exactly what I was purchasing and the nature of said purchases. That being said, it'd make me feel a LOT better about supporting them early on in the game's life.
  15. Regpuppy

Do I feel I NEED or am entitled to get something for buying at original prices? No, I don't. I know exactly how things work. But do I feel buyers remorse anyway? Definitely, if prices remain so low for the vehicle/infantry combo (could care less about the included weapon camos) I won't fret either way though.
  16. MangoPunch

Meh, I paid premium price for new things knowing that they could very well be reduced in price later. Some kind of reimbursement would be nice, but not expected.
  17. Runegrace

Do you get a check when your TV or game console gets a price reduction later on? SOE may do something out of their good graces, but I certainly wouldn't expect straight refunds for anything.
  18. Steel Soldier

Maybe they will do what they did when they made certain weapons/camo/fluff available across all factions and servers. Give us a number of certs dependent on how much we spent kitting out another TR on a different server.

Remember how well that went?

STEEL
  19. nubery

Wait what the ****? After I've forked out hundreds on camos they're doing this **** NOW? **** that. Give me a pile of certs or SC back but otherwise this is BS.

I mean yeah it's nice... but the money I've spent on same camos..
  20. ZEPLN

If it's from Amazon... yes :)