Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Alexandrix

I just personally think that a weapon should be effective in the role it was created for.

As a tank I get owned in the face by AV from infantry,other tanks,and aero's.As I should,it's meant to kill vehicles.
    As an infantry I get owned in the face by AI...and AV...aero's....and...well pretty much everything can insta gib infantry...but that's a whole 'nother story.

As an airplane the only thing I have to worry about is lock ons and other aero's.I don't even have to worry about lock on's if I equip the get out of jail free card that is flares..Flak is a joke.I only have composite armor 1 and all i have to do if I start taking flak fire is push the W key and fly away leisurely.I can't wait until I have composite 5 so I can basically ignore it.

To NukularZ:if it takes 5 missiles to kill a regular ESF....How many do you think it would take to kill a lib? a galaxy? 20? 40? that's ridiculous.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Anyways,being that I'm a total trash newb pilot....any words of wisdom you'd like to pass on?
  2. FigM

I notice that some good ESF players on Connery started using A2A missiles. I lost respect for them.

I like to play for fun, not to win.
  3. SNAFUS

Try to fly with others and more importantly get with an experienced pilot to help you figure out everything. They also will keep you alive longer giving you more time to learn things.
  4. SNAFUS

This is sadly true Fig, we will just have to crush them over and over until they change their ways :).
  5. nukularZ

You'd be surprised how quickly a well placed roatry can take out either. Just be aware of the aim botting daltons when chasing a lib. I'm not an advanced or great pilot (I consider myself intermediate), but some "words of wisdom" from my ongoing learning experience.

1) Vehicle stealth >>> composite armor, imo.
    2) if you want to lone wolf it, fly very high and always scout the area beforehand. Make sure you've got friendlies nearby to AB to if needed. Ground AA is very powerful.
    3) Learning to fly in third person is a must.
    4) Binding pitch to a keyboard is recommended, but not necessary.
    5) If in a jousting dogfight, turn earlier than you think you need to at the ESF coming at you, and reload on turn. Don't try to follow the ESF emptying your entire clip, because then you'll be late making that turn and chances are he'll get you on the next run. If you're in a reverse thrust dogfight - best of luck, hardest thing to master in this game by far, imo. I still suck horribly at it.

Other than that, it's just a matter of a feel for how your ESF responds to your controls over time. That includes getting a feel for certain maneuvers, like reverse thrust. Or how much you have to lead your shot based off enemy ESF distance and movement speed (Scythe may be a little bit easier if they lack bullet drop). Once you actually become somewhat competent with a rotary (we all go through our growing pains, and I'm still there times myself after 50+ hours in a Reaver), you'll realize just how frustrating, and game breaking A2AM is. And like FigM mentioned, not for winning, but for fun.
  6. 9ball

Man I really don't get all this hate for a2a. Really I think a2a sucks terribly, I tired using it awhile back, and it was flare, dodge, or the missiles slamming into the other esf doing no damage. When I did manage to get a kill with it chance are that I would have killed it alot faster with the good ol rotary. Really I see a2am as more a handicap than a crutch.
  7. OneRedBlock

8. Primarkka

Not -one- person cares what other people think about them, if they're good.
    They know they win because of their decisions, nothing else matters.
  9. Dalzaar¤

You got a point there on the fun part....and thats why I like A2AMs as it's lots of fun to see how the enemy deals with the said missile,kinda like old english fox hunting:the fox may not have much fun but everyone else is having a blast!:D

In all seriousness however,what one person considers fun is not allways what others consider fun.
  10. G3arfried

Im sorry but anyone is allowed to use A2Am if they paid the certs/sc for it. Using them dosent make you bad i mean its a blessing for the infantry because one less lolpodder. Also the people who really use this are super cereal about AvA. Ive been trolled by many great pilots in AvA and dont care if i died to it. Sure its as nooby as a god damn TR with a striker because we all know how much skill that requires. But it takes 3 A2Am to kill 1 esf and it cant do anything else so its balanced.

oh and btw... i have A2Am pods and i play on connery.
    I havent forgotten about all the damn strikers after me...

See you soon.
  11. Vixxing

Most important lesson to learn as a pilot though: Fly as TR then you dont have to deal with 50% of the AA... (read Striker)
    • Up x 1
  12. Garantine

Selective memory or just an ignorant claim? A2AM really haven't been a rarity that I can recall, ever.
  13. SNAFUS

It has very much so been a rariety that only one paticular outfit used with frequency. Been flying on Connery more then probably anyone else and I can promise you it was a rare sight. Even ask among other primary flyers and the story will be the same. That this is a growing trend for our server sadly.
  14. Tristan

I use A2AM sometimes because I enjoy ruining people's fun.
  15. Saiph

I'm going to make the switch just to get the easy auraxium...
  16. SNAFUS

With the amount of newer pilots up that would come quite quickly.
  17. VitaminXtreme

They should increase weapon switch time for A2AM. Make it take more time to switch to and from your rotary to your missiles.
  18. KAHR-Alpha

I've read all the pages of this thread, and I still don't get what's new about them and why they're a growing trend. Can't find anything in the patch notes.
  19. Bine

... If they are in close, isnt the best way to destroy them by flying in close and outperforming them in the hoverduel?
  20. phungus420

Primarily they were fixed (before GU11 they had a 50% chance of firing duds and doing no damage).
    They were buffed to have a huge lock on cone - roughly the size of a mans fist on a 20'' screen: this means you don't have to aim them, just point your ESF at the target and get a lock.