Connery - Your stats are..... going to be ready

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ender, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ender

Similar to my Waterson thread if you've seen it. Connery is being added to the database now. This means the scanner will take longer to update in general, but I'm ok with that. 720/2 Wink) ;) ;). Down the line we're going to add another scanner into the mix to hopefully speed it back up as well.

Obviously with the addition of some 20k+ more players and outfits there will be stats that are off and look funny until we reign in the craziness. Stats should be more accurate as standard deviation becomes closer to 0.

Currently discussing some ideas to isolate players that are using obvious "assistance" so that they don't skew the A++ A* grades. We may end up "quarantining" them in such a manner that lets people retain the ability to look at their stats (because everyone loooovess looking at those kind of stats), but separates them from the actual rankings.

Connery players, if you would like the ability to view this site so you know your SOOPERSRZ MLG VALUATION (I'm Kidding, I'm going to call you bad names & stuff if you try and be a fun **** about it though), PM me and i'll get you a registration serial if I think you're a super cool dude..or dudette. And if you pass my 20 page questionnaire.

:) Who's going to be at the top of weapons with 3 servers in the mix?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Sock

Don't turn this into another DA thread Ender
  3. Ender

I'm sorry :( I have these self-promotional urges that are hard to keep down. I'll do my best, just for you Socky.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Too late!
  5. Ender

Scanner @ 30% of Connery
  6. Blarg20011

7. JENKMAN

interesting
  8. Tristan

I have three more codes to give out for stats registration. First three people to PM me get them.
  9. FateJH

This is bad; Connery is going to drag everything down.
  10. Blarg20011

Pshh please, Connery is 1337 MLG Pro.
  11. Ender

Ironically, Connery had 3x as many characters we had to "isolate" with 90% accuracy 90% Headshot rating..... I would have figured Mattherson would have won out there.
    • Up x 1
  12. Giggily

No, they're going to make the rest of us look impressive. Assuming that my player page ever gets updated again.

At least my NC character will look awesome.
  13. Ronin Oni

Impressive job man :D
  14. Ender

The site is done almost entirely by 50SHADESOFPURPLE, so if you see him in game or his alts (sub purple for red/blue) let him know :)
  15. Earthman

I've already had a pretty dim opinion of MLG and the culture it promotes, but with that said, can someone explain the "MARKET VALUE" part of the chart to me?

Come on! Even players on baseball cards don't have "market value" embossed on them even if some cynical bean-counters in the organization have the metrics on it. This is above and beyond "try to make video games into a sport" and it's starting to look creepy, and even more cynical and calculated than conventional entertainment.

Neat statistics otherwise.
  16. Ender

I'm always impressed by how many people think everything occurs in either black or white. "Because it's on site - Means they're superserial and forrealz. They must need help, they're crazy and lost the ability called humor"
  17. Earthman

Yet here you are putting me firmly in your black and white perception of opinion.

I said I was concerned. Frankly I don't see the value/purpose of that statistic for a chart that's supposed to be about the server and its players and what they do with what weapons.

In the previous thread you said in your own defense that athletes will talk smack to each other and jostle each other around. I was a football player at my local school, myself. But at no point, even playing pretend, did we assign "market values" to each other. We certainly had our collection of skull decals we added to our helmets for especially brutal hits on the field, but that was it.

In the rush to be taken "seriously" as athletes (yes, a lot of MLG people do have that intention and say so openly) they're going beyond athlete culture altogether. Even in contemporary sports culture (which is pretty coarse and crass compared to even 10 years ago), throwing around "market value" would be considered in bad taste outside of a managerial team-trade discussion.

I said my part. Not like I can make you edit it out. I'm only saying it's not a good thing.
  18. Sock

The fact that it constantly gets responses like this makes it entirely worth it.
    • Up x 1
  19. gigastar

So what server is being added next?
  20. TerryTenMen

As I play on Ceres I think you should add that next