[BUG] (Connery) VR is bugged again, lots of missing vehicles from the field

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Jun 5, 2016.

1. DeadAlive99

On Connery.

This has happened before and I reported it (over a month ago), and it got fixed, or fixed itself after a server patch. But now it's back again.

The vehicles missing are the ones sitting in the field (nothing to do with terminals). I logged in to all 3 factions and checked all field vehicles.

At the moment, the TR VR is fine. But the NC and VS VR's are missing several vehicles, both ground and air, spread across all 3 factions in the field.

Obviously this is important since this is how many of us test our gear before buying, plus my past experience with this suggests that it only gets worse and eventually most or all vehicles will be gone.

I suspect this has been a problem for a long time and that it is the periodic server restarts that 'keeps it in check', but it would be better to have some automated code to check for vehicle position, and if it's out of position by 10m+, then it should deres and respawn the vehicle.

If you are on a different server and want to check this, I recommend you log in to all 3 factions (if you have them) and check for all the vehicles. Take into account if players are destroying them while you're counting, as it it takes a minute or so for them to respawn.
  2. breeje

are you sure it's a bug, sometimes people hide them
    yes they can be moved and the moment they are destroyed they re-spawn at there original place
    take a esf to fly over the VR, look behind hills and rocks
  3. DeadAlive99

Yeah, I'm sure. When I made the first report a month+ ago, someone suggested that, so I flew all over the place, every corner, swath by swath, and found nothing.

I haven't done that this time, but I'm sure it's just a repeat. In any case, if people are hiding them, it still presents the same problem, and needs the same solution, imo.