Connery TR: Has failure become your only option?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lepalose, Jul 8, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

Don't put words in my mouth. I simply responded to a question about when VS was underpopulated on Connery, which, historically, has been always up until recently.

The only time I have ever seen VS pop go above 35% is when we were about to get a massive biolab alert win, and then it barely even made it to 40%. At the time of posting, the NC pop is stable at 40%. 4th faction isn't helping VS as much as you think it is, they're just there to receive their free handout of certs.
  2. NUKABAZOOKA

It's honestly probably a morale issue, that should swing back in time. However I feel our situation was a bit more problematic than yours.
  3. Fallengamer

Actually the reason the cap was lost is only because people would not defend it to only fight in an alert that we lost due to low world pop. We capped indar because we had a lowest world pop and 10% bonus to infantry resources is much more valuable than a few extra certs only for the people online during the alert. Alerts are only temporary goals. Cont control is a long term goal and should come before individual xp greed. That xp greed for a Esamir alert is what lost us the cont cap in three hours.

It makes a lot more sense to cap indar than to fight in an alert that due to population you are going to loose anyway. By the way TR was last place in the alert we lost the cap over. That is just as bad as fighting in a cert farm while your faction is being warp gated. It is selfish and short sighted of the bigger picture.

Also besides all of that it is a big moral boost to finally win Indar. An alert only last for two hours and is forgotten. A con't cap is much more valuable to the faction as a whole.
  4. Blazini

Its not just TR.. honestly I thin its just people getting bored with the game.
  5. Caek

Biggest problem right now, most TR i know got sick of biolab alerts. Wed get an alert every like 3 hours for 2 hours and most, felt like 60-70% were biolab fights. Most people I know outside the zergs got pretty sick of biolabs to the point wed rather gain ground or stop advances or anything but another flipping biolab. Combine this with the new lattice forcing everyone into zergs and not allowing even simple flanking maneuvers. Notice theres much more play on esamir and amerish? Most of that isnt indar over pop, its not wanting lattice

Not unrelated but I wont say its all of or even most of the problem is that VS maxes. They arent unstoppable by any means, but whereas a TR/NC fight seems pretty even, VS seem to spam glowing lazer crabs. Even at range it takes a lot to down one and VS does seem to support their maxes better. The imbalance could be only perceived but if so its widespread enough believed that that saps biolab fighters right there.

I think the bigger issue is burnout and summer or a combinion thereof. Every mmo sees its pop drop for summer. I know we are missing a lot of reg faces ourselves.

I think personally everyone whines too much and acting like theres some scandel here when its not actually a big deal.
  6. Fallengamer

Personally I say we just drop this thread and all of the complaining it is full of and go kill some NC and VS. We are out of the crappy warp gate and have already caped indar a second time. Lets just drop the crap and complaining on command chat and get to work.
  7. ent|ty

I played for the underpop TR last night.

I didn't notice
    1) a lot of teamwork
    2) defense and repair of sundies
    3) repair, heals, ammo

Although this can happen on most factions, IMO, it is the NC who seems to keep their Sundies up more and have more deployed, VS are more about spilling out of areas like mobs of mice (scary), NC run in and punch hard.

Perhaps, as it did the few of us VS on Connery when they were underpop to toughen us up and raise our game, perhaps this will be good for the TR.

Underpop can be frustrating yes, but it is an amazing trial by fire that will make you a better, tougher player. I switched from VS to TR for that reason, challenge.

Come join me. Its so much fun when you have piles and piles of targets to shoot at, as well as the satisfaction of taking on overwhelming odds and having your play sessions filled with mini-victories.

And metagames, like taking time to flank a bully Comatoast and his little sidekick, shooting my way through 8 enemies and sneaking through vehicle lines at Weigh Station, only to find out he left his Warpgate camping spot... Uggh.. what I would have given to jam knives in both their backs and saying "ha! patience wins"...
  8. SNAFUS

I can agree there, you guys were worse off back then as a faction.
  9. Unclematos7

I remember reading a post from some Connery Terran saying that Connery TR if full of hardcore Planetside 1 veterans and that we "Helios boys" are basically inferior. I guess that person was wrong.
    (I made a TR character on Helios that got moved to Connery when the servers merged.)
  10. Outlier

LOL, this guy actually believes the merge benefited Connery TR players.
  11. Jax Blake

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=55422
  12. Fallengamer

Honestly the Helios TR left under populated yet we owned all three continents when we merged and several times before. Being an under strength faction did make us tough and our teamwork strong. We had great relationships with the majority of TR outfits and many of the NC and VS outfits as well. We on a regular basis coordinated cross faction events for everyone to enjoy. I have no intent on blaming Connery TR but when we merged that fell apart to petty bickering and the blame game. I feel that it is as much our fault as the Connery outfits. But honestly I do not think it is either servers fault. I blame all the SOE game changes such as lattice as well as general game burn out causing the loss of a lot of long term players. If you play the eye for an eye game everyone ends up blind.

EXE is the largest TR outfit on Connery and one of the biggest in planetside. As one of the leaders of that outfit I stretch out my hand to end all this petty bickering as a bridge for a coordinated effort to work as a faction not just as clicks. Sure some of us may have differences in opinion but just as in government nothing will ever get done if we do not work together and compromise for the betterment of our faction as a whole. Any outfit leaders or leadership is welcome to friend request me in game and work as a team when we can. We will not always agree on strategy but lets avoid fighting about it and just agree to disagree at times but try to work on a majority opinion rules approach. Right or wrong we will accomplish nothing with this infighting and chest thumping.

If you feel EXE at any point been ill willed against any outfit rest assured that has never been out intent. Here is our chance to start over. It is easy to dislike the big guy but we are the size we are for a reason. We have two simple rules and stomp out such drama as this thread is full of as soon as it shows face. I feel that this is every outfits goal and we try to bring that goal into all of our outfit relationships. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid. Lets bring that back and stop this negative thread.Will we win every alert? No. Will we always agree? No. But will we drop this BS and try and work together? Yes! People tend to loose sight of the fact that this is just a game and there is no point to playing if we do not all make an effort to simply work together and have fun. Everyone must sacrifice to make gains for the whole. Lets fight for the betterment of our faction not just as individuals. Not under the name of an alliance or any specific outfit, but as TR. For the Republic!

PS. If you friend me please send a tell as well so I know it isn't just a random pug request and I know who you are.
  13. xxxRippyxxx

I really don't think that this problem is server related. In the past time there is a growing population of players who don't care about alerts or defending or taking a station. Its the same players that starts camping in a spawn room as soon as the first wave of attackers gets close to a base. There is a nice thread about this topic on the first page as well at the moment "TKing for "not playing the game right". This thread gives an inside view of how these guys think about the game.

In my opinon the main reason for this is an unbalanced xp system, which honors kills much more than fulfilling objectives. You get 250 xp for capturing a small base, same as about 2 kills. And its 1000 xp for a large station, depending on how good your enemys were 4-8 kills. And even less, if you defend the base. So why should you help your team if its so much easier to earn your certs while camping around.

As someone said over in the other thread "I just want to have fun and relax.", his argument for staying inside the spawn room.
  14. ent|ty

Just so we're clear, blaming SOE for all the game changes is more valild a reason then 'game burnout'.

For good games, like Counterstrike 1.3-5, still goes strong today with 10 times the players of PS2, and they are not suffering from 'game burnout'. I played CS for 7+ years, and dropped it shortly after CS:S turned the models into midgets and started incorporating random cones and damage.

SOE has made so many changes to the game, that the original reason why I even bought the game has been lost in the waterfall of nerfs and remapping of the entire game.

I am the last of 10 players that could be playing PS2 for 7+ years. I'm only here cuz I have no other FPS game I'm even remotely interested in. Thats not a good thing for SOE, lol. The rest of them left long ago.
  15. ent|ty

Yet you ignore the counter topics and responses to those type of posts when people say "because there is little you can do to defend, the bases and maps are set up to favour attackers".

add to that "No requirement to sit on flag to cap the base", means the enemy simply swoops in, flips the point, and IMMEDIATELY heads to spawn to counter any resistance.
  16. Fallengamer

Just saying lol.

17. Kaal87

So we still discussing guys or are we going to start co-op'ing in command channel?

Saturday evening's prime time alerts were total VS victories, with whole platoons marching toward non-alert objectives and almost zero communication on command. It sucks having to play a great friday alert night to come into this loss the next day.
  18. SikVvVidiT

FIXED!!!
  19. angryBuddha

Helios had a huge NC population and TR/VS had to face overwhelming odds. Things seemed ok until too many things seemed to snowball (tons of examples in this thread). I'd like to point out the post-merger ratio of good medics to everyone else as what I see as the biggest issue. Otherwise, it seemed to be about the bad WG position and the resource issue as TR had an easy to lose biolab near the middle of the map + biolab lag that made it hard to take back in major battles.

Now that the WG's have rotated again, TR seems to be "fine" and NC's into the corner.
  20. SNAFUS

KDR went up for most is about it ;)