Connery TR: Has failure become your only option?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lepalose, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Neckaru

What happened to you guys?
  2. Nepau

I honestly wonder if the Resource cost change to vehicles had hit the TR on Connery more then any one else. It use to be common that when we pushed on the TR we would get a responce in the form of a Swarm of Mossies, but latly the TR seem to pull far less vehicles then before, or keep their armor pushes going. It makes me wonder if the increased dificulty at replacing vehicle losses is as much to blame for the TR's recent dip in performace on Connery as anything else.

BTW many VS hate the lattice as much as anyone else. They really need to add more to it so it's not as restictive as it currently is or we are going to start seeing more and more issues as it is rolled out on the other contenents, (god knows I love the more fluid fights on Esimer and Amerish over Indar which is just a slug fest between a few bases).

Hell I've had far better slug matches on Esimer the past week or 2 then I have had on Indar since the lattice changes.
    • Up x 2
  3. Grimfalcon77

It doesn't help that when an Alert activates, fourth faction kicks in. People aren't having fun getting stomped every alert on NC/TR so they roll a VS.

Can't blame TR and NC players for rolling VS as it seems they're the smart choice right now on Connery. But for those sticking it out, it gets demoralizing. Part of me thinks it's an issue with talented players simply rolling VS and leaving less and less experienced players on the other 2 factions which is a compounding issue. No evidence but it seems what is happening.

SOE needs to fix the fourth faction issue. At least then it'd force faction loyalty and they'd be able to play with real numbers in order to find ways to balance population.
  4. Xada

Here's a thought, stop mindlessly zerging indar excavation for an entire alert. Reason we can't send more forces to fight vanu is because you send as much people possible to one place and try to spearhead into saurva and dahaka, while vanu is having a grand ol' time strolling up to mao. You can attack other bases besides indar excavation, and you don't have to be farmed by future crew chillin' in biolabs and towers, just go the hell somewhere else. Half the time, whatever squad I'm in notices the BS you try to pull and we're just like "**** this alert, TR wants to have a pissing contest, make it rain." And no, I'm not saying ya'll are teaming up, that would require coordination. No, it's just pure negligence.
  5. Nepau

Trust me, the VS don't like the 4th faction as much as anyone else. Hearing that GU12 might have some stuff to help pop issues, so I hope it will include the 4th faction issues as well. Personally I don't mind people playing all empires, but it is annoying to have people hop around just so that they are on the side they think will win every time.
  6. THUGGERNAUT

the game has always been a numbers game. the lattice on indar just forces zergs to fight each other more frequently instead of flailing around each other. but even on esamir and amerish, you win by throwing more numbers at the battle than the other side. see freyr, andvari, mani, etc. when push comes to shove, the faction that takes eisa is the faction that throws the most numbers at it. the cute adjacency maneuvers are/were vastly overrated. even on the hex continents, numbers win, "teamwork" is secondary at best.
  7. Corporate Thug

People cry about FOTM because some things force them to play differently then the way they want to play. So the ZOE max is making it hard for you to be a medic...Light Assault was and still is an amazing counter to ANY max no matter the ability. If you claim to be coordinated then anything that is FOTM is useless when fighting against you. Some times you have to do what it takes rather then what you want to do. EXE certainly has the numbers to counter what ever is thrown at them.

I have respect for EXE because they are willing to lead no matter the odds and I don't ever remember meeting a ****** bag from their outfit even though its massive. If your always outnumbered then there are always people to kill and is my preferred type of fight and despite how many people might switch factions for the new bestest thing ever I can't believe EXE would have a problem finding enough dudes for an even fight against any zerg roaming Connery.
  8. Talron

One of the problems I have noticed on TR Command chat is very rarely people are not willing to compensate and help others out. Some of these larger outfits have their own personal ******** agenda with no strategic signification other than to find the largest battle and zerg it hard leaving our bio' labs, tech labs and choke points completely open for the pickings from Vanu and NC

One of the many problems currently with TR on Connery is due to the super bad leadership that is making the calls to push or attack an area of the map that is not strategic or beneficial at all. I have tried to rationalize with a certain few individuals on command channel which has usually ended in a wonderful conclusion of swears and insults.

The larger TR outfits on Connery needs to get their ego's in check and work with the TTA that has been setup to benefit all TR. Rather than thinking they can do it all themselves and be owned by Vanu 3:1 call upon your allies for back up so that you can maintain the fight and push the momentum.

It starts with the Commanders and Leaders of these TR outfits to put their own ego's aside and ask for assistance and lend a hand in reinforcing an allies position. It's all for the greater good of TR and until all of TR can learn that, we will be loosing these alerts every single time to the Vanu and NC.
    • Up x 1
  9. rickampf

I will fight for the Connery Terrans to the end, no matter what.
    Stay strong comrades, everything will change.
  10. Xada

I say slay all the vanu and only the true vanu shall respawn, their strength in the fourth will crack and break away like slag. Then hopefully we can actually have a three faction war instead of 1 faction beating the crap out of the other 2 because the other 2 are too busy having a sword fight in the restroom.
  11. Rogueghost

While I can't speak for other outfits, in Ironfist, we lost a lot of people because TR is loosing all the time, and when we don't have as many people in our platoon, we don't do as well in fights, and when we don't do so well in fights, we lose more people.

When the game for launched, we were able to pull about two Platoons during OP nights, these days we are lucky if we can fill 3 squads during OPs and one squad during off days. And when we do get a decent amount of players on, we often lose half of them an hour into the op because people are getting pissed off at how poorly TR is doing.

Its a cycle that's really hurting our outfit's performance on the battlefield, and is just making the TR's situation worse.
  12. Reskan

The way I see it, the cross continental alerts are hurting the population of the server because they can only be won by having a significant world population advantage. The TR lose most of the time due to the combination of the fourth factioners jumping over to the winning side and loyal players logging out from demoralization/apathy. This imbalance persists even when the alert is over, and is reinforced by the frequency of the alerts.

The winning faction continues to have a high population throughout the day because they can continue to win base assaults, defenses, and alerts with those superior numbers. Meanwhile, the losing faction struggles to find a fight that isn't a static assault on a heavily defended base or a hopeless defense against an overwhelming zerg, so they stop trying to win.

I can only hope GU12 will fix this problem. It is just not fun to be a Connery TR right now.
    • Up x 1
  13. Keiichi25

I regularly yell at NC on Connery because of VX9 TKers, nitwits driving vehicles and ramming other vehicles til they explode or just people driving over infantry without even bothering to pay attention to what they are doing.
  14. SNAFUS

Those two outfits in particular minus some individuals among them refuse to work with others. And if they were so successful then we wouldn't be getting trounced every single Alert. Unless they are intentionally avoiding alert objectives I don't see them being as successful as you claim.
    • Up x 1
  15. Keiichi25

Let me explain something to all you, since I currently play all three factions on Connery now with this merg (I use to have one char on different server, different faction until these two merges.)

The common issue here is not just the 'pure suckage' of any particular faction... This is common in ALL factions, regardless of what server, what faction you play.

The issue is the fact we have a bunch of idiot players across the board, who will do what they want to do in order to enjoy the game.

Even back in Planetside 1... Commanders were crap. Any sense of 'strategy' went out the door in consideration of 'defense' or 'holding the line'.

The same goes for this game, more so because base defense is not great, and some of the weapon systems are gimped due to the client code getting messed up which causes players to have weapons not working properly, or being majorly hammered by glitches that makes the game go to a slide show.

The lattice system was put to make 'definable' lanes of combat... But it also made it so you 'herd a zerg' so now you don't have spread out fighting lines, you just have trolling lines.

Most players, not just TR, NC and VS, also run off and do their own thing, focusing on the kill, which I admit, I do this myself. Butting heads, but not bothering with defense or falling back because trying to fight out of the crap defenses against large hordes of tanks and planes spamming the crap out of open areas where it should be infantry, it still boils down to who can pull out vehicles and come and make a mess.

Indar is the worst of the lot between the three continents because there are a fair deal of ways to create mass hordes of vehicle rushes, but not much to really make people spread out. People will gravitate to the large battles because it provides more targets of opportunity to compensate for poor skill and the use of vehicle spamming for that purpose as well as providing other targets to be used as shields.

The maps and bases are majorly vehicle friendly, not much infantry friendly in most cases. While this is to be a team based game, I know from running with some groups, certain things won't be done that makes the most tactical sense. Ground units marking places with smoke for Air/Ground strikes... No real effort to do coordination because the comm systems are not literal combat level coordination, it only works at a squad/platoon level and ONLY if there are outfits working together and using a third party comm system to do work on that, and even then, none of those groups actually reasonably do proper Command Structure unless they make a serious effort in it, but again, this is relying on others cooperating on this, which, we know doesn't happen 100% of the time.

So to be honest, on a nightly basis, the expectation of a faction to 'get on the ball' depends mostly on the players in general, not just a faction, in being a part of an outfit, players actually working in a proper hiearchy and less ramboing in general, which I seriously doubt will happen as a majority. Only outfits that get organized and work with other outfits or encourage some of the random people to group up with them will see better results. But it will again highly depend on having the players in general snap to and follow command structure.
  16. Minimum Force

I apologize for the lengthy response with quotes but I'm late to the topic and throwing these comments in would just confuse the hell out of everyone at this random point.

You actually experience a lack of medics while playing as TR on Connery? I play Medic almost exclusively (50% of my time with way too many hours) and lately I've been running into more Medics. While I applaud others for stepping up to the plate sometimes these Medics just don't cut it. Revive someone without covering fire? Yeah.. good one. But seriously Medics are a bit sparse right now and even when they seem more prevalent they don't often consider what they're doing versus simply pulling the revive trigger for points.

To me one of the major methods to combat this lack of cooperation and communication will be the introduction of the mission system. In all seriousness I don't want to have to pull open another TS tab and squirrel around with settings simply to communicate with others in the faction. Now if SOE would give us an alliance (call it whatever you prefer) so that we can establish direct communication in-game then I would be even more happy. Maybe restrictions on who has access to the voice channel.. just something a little more adaptable.

I mildly agree with your assessment of the TR right now. Just last night I was leading a platoon of mostly random folks. Our platoon had at least one squad of IRONFIST (*wave* Hello fellow IF members!) and the direction that I focused on was containing the southern portion of Esamir in order to bog down the VS. Long story short I communicated over platoon and TS3 and used our waypoints to direct traffic. Outfit members paid attention and worked with the plan to hold/retake territory while the randoms either tried their best to follow (even when offered a ride) or blindly wandered around. Herding freakin' small kittens here.. not full grown cats which would be a bit easier to direct.

To close this ridiculous quote-fest I simply would like to see how we as TR on Connery can come together better. People say communication but communication gets convoluted and haphazard when working with multiple avenues to communicate. So in order to step it up and work better together I would like to ask what can I do to fulfill my obligation to making this a better experience. I'm MinimumForce and I'm currently the interim outfit leader for IRONFIST so tell me what I can do to assist better in order to change the focus. But keep in mind that this is not a dictatorship and not everyone is willing to be led around simply in order to achieve a goal in a game. This is for fun and the focus should be to improve the quality and amount of fun and enjoyment that we get out of this game.
  17. Keiichi25

I know EXE will try to do some Alerts, but not all of them. I also know their focus is more of being a pain in the *** for the NC or VS. However, they do organize weekly operations against VS and NC as well, which is not part of the game play, but to incite interesting competition.

To be honest, the alert system is rather cludgy and boring after a while. Sometimes also trying as some of these 2 hour alerts are in the worst possible times, like yes... I want to play for 2 hours with an alert starting at 11:54 PM at night... Oh wait... I actually WORK for a living and have to get up at 7:00 AM to get to work...
  18. Tricky

Last alert I played was a few days ago and it was a Biodome alert which is one of my favs due to maximum farmage. On Indar we only owned Allatum but were losing quick due to 2 to 1 pop disadvantage and it was increasingly getting worse. I look at the map to see where the hell the TR were and for whatever reason there was a massive TR zergball at Feldspar Canyon for reasons I will never understand. The best I could think of is maybe they were trying to get to Rashnu because putting yourself right in the middle between the VS/NC is logical, right? RIGHT?!

I don't know who it was, and if they want to ignore alerts for the fun of annoying other factions, fine. But know your hurting the entire faction with your derpyness.

*GASP* WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! DID SOMEONE RECORD IT?!

Look what you have done, TR. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
  19. SNAFUS

Not going after any individual player keiichi25 and everyone understands real life is first man. But when every prime time alert, which is what were really getting on about, has TR finishing last something is wrong. And it isn't just EXE, TRG, or the TTA's fault but a combination of us all. Having some of our largest outfits neglect to participate or cooperate during at least the prime time alerts has devastated TR morale. If you really want to be a pain in the *** of the NC/VS then start winning alerts. Start kicking the **** out of them on every opportunity that the alerts give us. I can't tell you how many times I have seen waves of NC/VS just take a Bio or tech with minimal resistance from TR. While a friendly platoon size force drives the opposite direction leaving the defenders high and dry.

Alerts are generally lame lately, due to them being constantly spammed. Everyone gets that trust me, but at least give them some attention during prime time. To allow the VS/NC to have every objective is just pitiful on our part and quite frustrating for the players trying to hold them. No one outfit can win alerts and control a continent. It will take teamwork and a willingness to help or ask for help from other TR outfits. These individuals among different outfits that refuse to work with others are only hurting their own performance and that of the entire TR.
  20. Vortok

And then suddenly, just before 5:00 PM...

[IMG]