[Suggestion] Connery LAGFest

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptnKeArN, May 27, 2017.

1. CptnKeArN

So please tell me WHY with only 700 players on Connery right now Server Latency is averaging between 500 and 50,000ms ? I Pay a membership to DBG, as such I expect at least playable performance, however whenever you do these special weekends/weeks All of us 100ms~ players get screwed in favor of the Asian players. Your servers load balancing is latency based, as such the higher latency averages get priority and it kills everyone else.

Here is a Suggestion from an 20+ year IT expert.

Acquire priority BGP routes from the International pipes, or better yet get a WAN pipe to Korea, China and Japan. THEN trade BGP routes with the major tier one providers as to lower latency.

Second ban all use of proxy and VPN's to US servers, they provide false latency metrics and false route metrics. This is pretty easy to do with proper route statements and middle mile traffic filter. (as a side effect, these fixes will also lower possibility of use of latency based exploits and hacks)

I mean really DGB, if your experts that work for you can't come up with these common sense fixes for the issues that plague your servers and your network, THEN PLEASE ASK YOUR COMMUNITY MEMBERS..

My rant done.. I'll just go play Quake Champions Beta until the Asian zerg goes to bed.
  2. RadarX

Please see the status message at the top of the forums. We are resolving server issues.
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

A hacker is crashing the servers right now.
  4. CptnKeArN

RadarX, I see that your investigating but there is nothing posted about resolving. In any case tell me I'm wrong on my suggestions and where the problems stem from? I LOVE Planetside 2, IMO its the greatest FPS ever created, so dynamic and generally fun. But this is a constant cycle we the players see every-time its double XP or something special comes about. Nearly 2 years on this account for me, and over 4 total for me. I'm giving suggestions (based on 20+ years in the IT world) so that hopefully they will help create permanent solutions, and make the longevity of the game last. creating a larger player base for DGB and the community.
    • Up x 1