Connery frame rates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jube, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Jube

The last week I've been experiencing horrible frame rates ( 9-15 ) on Connery.
    Anyone else having this problem or have a possible solution?
    • Up x 1
  2. NoctD

There was some periods of severe server lag - you know it when repairs get undone and its almost impossible to repair stuffs. I think/hope they have restarted the server/zones to fix this. Seemed ok last night.

There's also plenty of big fights that will bog down slower systems, so if you're playing those might need a system upgrade. If its graphics related then you might need to tweak your graphics settings and lower them, but you're likely hitting CPU bound issues.
  3. AnuErebus

Haven't had terrible framerates but indar has been suffering from a severe case of server lag at primetime. Every other continent is fine but Indar is hard to play on when information between clients has a half-second or longer delay.
  4. Jube

I have tried lowering my graphic settings to no avail also my CPU is at 13% usage while this is occurring. and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, I've tried both morning and evening and get the same results
  5. NoctD

What's your ping times to the server?

I can get 100+ fps no problems when there's no one around me in the game (empty base). Sounds like it might be either network lag/related or just your system not coping with the game... guessing it was better previously for you though?
  6. Axehilt

• Haven't had framerate problems myself.
    • Had some bad server lag.
    • Also had some bad healthbar bugs which seemed related to the server lag, with revives and healing of every sort being unrealiable (medic heal teammate to full and they're not really at full; revive progress bar completes but you have to hold ~1 sec longer for it to actually kick in; medkits are consumed and your health is full for a moment but 1-2 sec later your health returns to the previous value.)
  7. HMR85

I average 35 to 40 FPS in major fights on Connery. So, no I am not having the same issue.
  8. Cab00se187

Specs, specs and more specs. Christ people, don't come complaining if you're not going to post your damn specs
  9. SolLeks

Was getting some bad server lag on indar last night (120FPS in warp - 50-70 fps in large fight) where my medic gun would not pick people up unless I held it for an extra few seconds and my heals kept undoing themselves. This happens once in a while. =/
  10. Areski

That's been the case for me on Indar on Connery for a few weeks.
  11. SolLeks

Just to make you happy

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA GTX 680 with EVGA GTX570 Physx card (and runs the other 2 screens, was main card but not good enough for 3D vision)
    8 gig DDR3 @ 1600 iirc
    ASUS P8Z77-v Delux Main board
    Samsunge 840 pro 256 gb
    4.3TB of other HDDs (PS2 is on the SSD, most of the HDs are WD Black / Green for storage and games)

Also it is a fresh install of Win Ult x64, old SSD died a week ago. All drivers up to date and Beta (for BF4 beta) Geforce drivers.

23Mb down 4 Mb up DSL line

No reason for the lag.
  12. Cab00se187

Are you getting lag or bad fps because this thread is about fps? If it's lag post in the tech section and this thread should be moved there as well
  13. SolLeks

its lag, and huge frame loss spikes, and I am 1000000% sure its not on my end as EVERYONE on team speak is getting the same effects.
  14. Cab00se187

I honestly wish I could feel your pain. I run an i7 3770k @ 4.8ghz, 16gigs of 1333 ram, an old SATA 2 1 TB HD with an ATI 7850 graphics card and I don't lag or get below 50 fps. That's everything maxed out @ 1920x1080.
  15. SolLeks

you play on connery? it does not happen all the time, and it does not happen on any cont execpt indar. normally a server reset fixes it.
  16. Cab00se187

Oops, forgot to mention that in my post. Yes, I do actually play on Connery.
  17. Kid Gloves

I was on Connery earlier and was getting a few random spikes of incredi-lag, inducing a few deaths. One of them was a really amusing one: being crushed to death by a flying Prowler while indoors. Go go magic net code!

That said, I do play from across the pacific - but it was unusually bad.
  18. PWGuy93

The past few days fps goes down to 4fps then up to around 35fps but struggles to get higher.
    Am hoping for a server reboot one of these days.
  19. Morpholine

I haven't noticed any frame rate issues on my end, but Indar on Connery has had wonky healing and repairing delays, medkits stop working, etc. (much like when the server is about to crash) for several evenings now.

Edit: It does seem to just be affecting Indar, though.