Connery dying to the SWAMP again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Jun 18, 2019.

1. iller

Every prime time it's been the same exact Continent for like 6 days straight now

get this sh** out of the 6pm Pacific time slot!
    • Up x 1
  2. Crayv

Would be nice if you (the devs) forcefully rotated the maps so what ends up during prime time is different each week.
  3. OgreMarkX

Yup. Hossin kills player base.

Just wait, if DBG releases Oshur, it will be 100% worse. Hossin suffered from too much "central planning" in design. Oshur will be off the charts worse.
    • Up x 1
  4. Silkensmooth

I love Hossin. I think the maps are rotating faster now, but the map changes need to be faster and on a non-integer time scale so that the rotation rotates.

Did i mention i love hossin? Best map in the game by a mile.
    • Up x 1
  5. OgreMarkX

Silken, go stand in the corner!
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

This,
    hossin was a colossal unfinished waste of resources that very few people enjoy,
    So naturally DBG want an encore!

And this time they're doubling down on mechanics that we loathe!
    You hate the death water? Well we'll make an island chain map for you!
    You hate the bridge stalemates on amerish? Well we'll make ten times more bridges!

That base that everyone hates on amerish with the deathwater and bridges,
    they've pretty much taken that concept and are wasting resources creating a whole map out of it.

But yeah, hossin sucks!
    It should be removed, but instead DBG want to make another.
  7. Naskoni

How is Hossin unfinished? It is BY FAR the best made continent. Great visuals, atmosphere, different in a good way. I like the bases too. Closest we will get to a jungle environment in this game.

Never understood the "hate" for Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  8. d3c0y

Yeah hossin used to be good, before largescale tree, rock and foliage removal, before the skybox became more generic, before the seeming brightening and removal of fog. Still is but not like it was.
  9. Savadrin

The hate comes from wooden toaster PCs, the ashload of cover/concealment, and the lack of open plains which can be easily traversed in seconds.

Personally, I love Hossin for ambushing potatoes.
  10. iller

Yeah this is the main issue as I've seen it there from an Outfit member's perspective -- because a lot of the long term players are Armor enthusiasts, not Ambusher Infantry players, and Hossis is a slow death sentence to most Armor column platoons. Even turbo harasser squads get screwed over often enough to make it not worth playing on so they all just play a different game or ****post to social media b/c ANY kind of gaming (that isn't MOBILE) feels like it's dying too lately or at least going in the wrong direction

Personally, I think those players should ditch the Tanks, and put some certs into ANTs and try out the slower "Base Creep" tactic that has existed since Starcraft -- player Bases are significantly more effective for helping to HOLD territory on Hossin than they would be on any other Continent. Unfortunately, the average player finds HOLDING anything too boring, they just want Joyride around past everything as quick as possible or ghost cap large facilities...

If this game dies, I'm placing even MORE blame on its "community" than I will be placing on Sony or DBG
  11. Savadrin

I ambush potatoes with a Stealth Vulcan-H ;)
  12. Liewec123

they made temporary bases which they planned on replacing and never bothered.
    and the majority of the map is empty ugly plateaus.
    the bane of PS2 says it himself in this video
  13. Naskoni

I happen to like those "temporary" bases. Some of the best in the game. Given that most of the bases on the other continents are pretty cookie-cutter designs.

As for the rest - that's like saying "the majority of Amerish is empty ugly mountains"... I never end up playing on the Hossin plateaus, couldn't care less if they put bushes or trees there. Never understood Wrel's problem with them either.
  14. DeadlyOmen

Those that fear the new hate change.

Dust 24/7 is no more.