concussion grenade

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by OldMaster, Jan 11, 2013.

1. OldMaster

Is it worth? Does it make any damage or only confusing and slowing down enemies?
  2. Glowcat

It's great but a bit situational in comparison to the frag grenade. I think I remember a damage component to it but that's not what it's good for. When you hit enemies with a concussion grenade their mouse sensitivity drops to nearly 0 and they are extremely vulnerable to any flanking action. This is particularly effective against MAX units.
  3. OldMaster

Does it substitute the frag grenade or can I equip them together?
  4. Glowcat

Substitutes, so no. They're also more expensive at 75 resources each.
  5. OldMaster

Another question: I guess I won't get any assist XP using concussion grenade, right? Thanks for your help.
  6. PeanutMF

Concussion grenades are really buggy for me.

I started using them a while ago and when they do work properly they are great, which is probably less than half the time unfortunately. Either there is some sort of issue where the thrower experiences the concussion randomly or the explosion is seriously big.

You end up getting concussed at a distance that seems at least twice that of the frag grenade's maximum radius, and the effect goes through walls, if you throw it around a corner you will concuss yourself anyway and be unable to actually take advantage of the enemy's disorientation.
  7. MaxDamage

I love them.

They are SUPERB at killing MAXes, they just sit there unable to dodge, unable to compensate for their own recoil, bleeding hard from sustained LMG fire. I find doing this to NC MAXes extremely satisfying.

We had a stalemate the other day, a team full of NC camping a tunnel. People threw regular grenades in but the medics healed and revived too fast.

I went as far in as I could, lobbed a conc grenade in, and dispatched every one of the helpless clowns, including a MAX, and their medics with a CARV-S (for added humiliation).

As has been mentioned, the radius is large, so you need to get the distance right and take into account that they explode much sooner on hitting a surface than regular grenades.

It takes practice but its worth the cert points and resources IMO.
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Concussion grenades basically slow enemies down, by a lot.
    They can barely move, barely turn, and their weapon bloom stays up in the same manner.
    It seems to last several seconds, not sure how much exactly, and has a higher radius than a regular grenade.
    It works great to support groups, allowing you to get opponents you normally wouldn't.
    The fact it's impact detonation certainly helps.
    However, I have no idea if you get assist points.
    I heard you do, but I've yet to actually stun an enemy that didn't either survive, or was killed by me.^^
    Throwing such a grenade on a capture point you want to clean from a squad of baddies is certainly the single largest favour you can do for your faction, short of a direct rocket barrage followed by a suicide crash.
  9. JojoTheSlayer

What sucks about it though is that its a pure radius grande. Walls etc dont stop the effect so its easy for yourself to get hit...
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

On the other hand, that really makes it effective when throwing it on a point, where many chest-high walls will otherwise block grenade damage.
  11. Takoita

What about EMP grenades then? I must be mixing up the effects for them.
  12. Manetheren

I'm thinking you could really go Rambo mode using a T16 with an extended magazine (200 bullets :D) and the concussion grenade. Imagine the xp...:eek:
  13. Rusentaja

This could actually make the chaingun useful.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

What's it with people necroing threads these days? ^^
    But yes, this will probably help chainguns more than other weapons. Let's see how they get rebalanced in the future, though.
  15. QuarterPro

When they work, they work great. The problem I've had is sometimes they don't (usually they were slightly out of range) and you have no idea until you charge in and they all turn around and shoot you. They need hit markers or something so you can tell whether they did their job.
  16. FoeAngel

Everyone jumping around like a bunny after I lay 1 in makes me smile. I kill those last, because they always over compensate right when it wears off. If you listen closely, you might hear them screaming "********" through the Internet...
  17. Bushwicked

I throw the piece of crap grenade 20 meters in front of me, and it still includes me in its blast radius. It used to be great, but now its a piece of crap. You will concuss yourself at ridiculous distances, and the enemy seemingly remains unaffected. Please fix, it was working great before GU9
  18. Shahnaz

Why are people digging so deep to necro?