Concerns over PTS participation, or lack thereof.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Fenborg, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Fenborg

A message to both the Devs and the players.

Lattice changes, Base capture point changes, base building changes, weapon changes, etc all of this is so so important, the devs actually create this server for the purpose of fine tuning the kinks and for us to figure out what works and what doesn't out before its fully implemented into the game. Yet every time I hop onto the PTS its just barren, with the occasional troll or AFK player.

I've been going back and forth between full game and PTS, and using yell chat I would talk about the patch notes and changes and tweaks in the PTS and 98% of those who responded have NO CLUE about these changes at all.

Players, our participation and our feedback is so important for this game right now. We all know that Esamir as it stands in full game is a miserable blank slate of open nothingness and we're all burnt on fighting over actual bridges. Well this is our changes to help make some changes to Esamir for the better but that can only happen if we participate in the PTS and spread the word about it to as many players as possible to help accumulate the most amount of feedback possible before the devs go through with the changes and places them into the full game.

If you're an outfit leader, BE PROACTIVE and spread the word to the players in your group, or better yet coordinate with other outfits and plan some skirmishes to help really put these new features through their paces.

DEVS! REACH OUT TO THE OUTFIT LEADERS! Your Social Media approach is....not as effective as manually reaching out to large faction leaders and coordinating events with them to help bring more players to the test server. If you're going to offer a reward, offer something that most players don't already have. (Im talking about the Analyst helmet.) Dont make that the ONLY aesthetic reward, add something else in order to help convince more players to try out the PTS.

This game used to have a massive player base and its slowly dwindling. There is still a good amount of life left in Planetside 2 but only if we work towards helping make it better. The PTS is a great way to do that, and I remember years ago the PTS used to have a sizable player base.

Lets bring that back and make Planetside 2 Awesome again!
  2. TR5L4Y3R

i don´t play on PTS because of bad ping ... and many crashes ...
  3. frozen north

I have to agree that the PTS needs more people. More recently, there have been more content updates that I have felt to be lacking in actual balance, and I suspect a lack of PTS participation is a significant factor.
  4. Scenarios

Totally agree. I love trying out new things with my friends so when there is a PTS update, we will rush into PTS Although everyone have the access to join PTS, they seems to be indifferent about what is going on in PTS. DB really needs to improve the use of social media and encourage people to provide feedback, since we have such a good and loyalty community.