concerned for the new vehicle changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strrog, May 17, 2017.

1. JohnGalt36

Exactly. if I want a game that's primarily infantry with vehicles being a side-gimmick, there are plenty of games I can play. At this point, I'm inclined to just play World of Tanks and Squad rather than support this nonsense. I wonder if they understand that people play this game because there isn't anything else like it. Remove fun & effective vehicle play and you lose a lot of people.
    • Up x 2
  2. DeadlyOmen

Squad looks pretty good. I'm going to look into that deeper.
  3. LaughingDead

That does look appetizing.
    • Up x 1
  4. DeadlyOmen

The first thing I do is look at the forums to see what the community is like.

Imagine what prospective players think when they come here.
  5. Strrog

I am curious how they going to balance infantry hp with reduced damage from AV weapons, this whole combined arms project might require complete dmg and hp pool overhaul across everything, i am not sure if it was a smart idea to overhaul almost whole game mechanic just to introduce combined arms perspective... its already combined as it is, and i am pretty sure players suggested more and better changes that we do need to address now... like construction, base defenses, terrain, more interesting weps and vehicles... but no you had to reinvent the wheel again >.<.

There are also issues in regards to subscription and passive bonuses, pricing on weapons and cosmetics, map bonuses map layout, and continent locks. The cert grind if you do not play support etc.

IMHO the devs should cleaned up those issues before going in , breaking and remaking meta.
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadlyOmen

Calling it a Combined Arms Initiative is a misnomer.

Making weapons more like each other discourages combined arms cooperation.

We can't see inside DBG walls. If I was there I'd be arguing for content adds, not game changes.
    • Up x 2
  7. Campagne

The smilie conveys tone. This is quite a heinous overreaction; Did you have a traumatic experience as a young child involving human emotion? ( :p )

Sure it's a dumb set of changes, but the worst I would expect from a playerbase would be that they all jump-ship to the winning side, as has been done in the past. But to just drop everything and leave because a single aspect was changed for the worse?

Aside from the Vanguard, not much is really going to be that different.
    • Up x 1
  8. Strrog

bump after weekend