concerned for the new vehicle changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strrog, May 17, 2017.

1. Demigan

And once again you show your complete ignorance to the game, and your idiocy/trollpowers. There is nothing self serving about making sure everything is balanced and competitive.
    • Up x 1
  2. BlasTech

I understand games need balance instead of real-life accuracy, however when I'm in a Max suit with dual grenade launchers and can't kill a Heavy Assault and they one shot me with a rocket, wtf?
    Or dual AA guns and a Light Assault flies over dropping C4 bombs.

I think the division of ammo types is ridiculous. Wasn't it brought about due to the population being too big? Too many people doing too much damage? I just came back within the past week after a long break. The battles have been fun but I'm not seeing the size we used to have.
  3. DeadlyOmen

Insult is the last refuge of an exhausted intellect.

Arbitrary change is not balance, nor competitiveness.
  4. Demigan

You dont even know what arbitrary is. Also I'm not insulting, I'm stating fact. Just look at your response. You dont prove anything, you yourself try to insult/discredit me in the same breath that you claim I'm insulting you.
    • Up x 1
  5. DeadlyOmen

ar·bi·trar·y
    ˈärbəˌtrerē/
    adjective
    adjective: arbitrary
    1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
      "his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary"
      synonyms: capricious, whimsical, random, chance, unpredictable;More
      casual, wanton, unmotivated, motiveless, unreasoned, unsupported, irrational, illogical, groundless, unjustified;
      personal, discretionary, subjective
      "an arbitrary decision"
      antonyms: reasoned, rational
    Origin
    late Middle English (in the sense ‘dependent on one's will or pleasure, discretionary’): from Latin arbitrarius, from arbiter ‘judge, supreme ruler,’ perhaps influenced by French arbitraire .
    Translate arbitrary to
    Use over time for: arbitrary
  6. Strrog

good morning please keep it civil , thx

Do we have a road map for these changes or how this is going to be worked on in the future or nearest update. From my understanding they wanted to balance the fighting power between inf air and tanks, but it seems mbts in particular getting some form nerf rather then balance between the 3 force types.

It seems that now it will be a problem to kill infantry if default weaponry and some heavy hitting top turrets and no flak armor will take 2-3 hits to kill one guy.. so if infantry goes full flak armor should we expect 3-4 hits to kill a soldier from a tank? I am not sure how we going to be able to kill consistently infantry if it can take so many hits and get back to cover... Just something does not seem right.

Considering the above what changes are coming for AV launchers,C4 and tank mines? And what changes are planned for air, cause air can not afford consistent dps play style it need the burst or there is no point for air.
  7. Demigan

Ah! And do I have reasons? Yes! Imagine if it was for personal game, you already do because you already claimed I do it for personal gain, then I have a reason and my suggestions arent arbitrary.

And this is what I mean with your overt idiocy. You can quote a page all you like, but you dont even know its meaning despite having looked it up yourself. Thats just sad
    • Up x 1
  8. LordKrelas

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-04-18.245553/
    I think this is the closest we get.

Those infantry have to use full max flak armor, and they take 2-hits with it.
    If using AP.
    AI top guns should still kill rapidly regardless.

The Infantry rocket launchers, were changed for the below, but did have some minor damage reductions in addition.
    "

Rocket Launchers
    Rocket launchers have all received a pass to realign their damage with the new vehicle survival baseline, and have received more distinctions in function between them.

All rocket launchers received higher carried ammo capacity, faster ammunition restocking, and most received faster reload speeds.

"

I think we are all in the dark for aircraft changes, presently.
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadlyOmen

Insult is the last refuge of an exhausted intellect.
  10. Strrog

Krelas thx for the info, i just checked the main dev post.

dmg nerf will be going across most AV weapon types to balance with the no resis changes, however that will make those wepoans less effective vs AI in this particular case infantry gets a buff towards their survivability vs mechanized.

My main beef as follows:
    Effective Ranges
    We want to ensure each weapon falls into its intended effective range and that the maximum effective range for long range weapons is around 200 meters. In this case, effective means that it’s able to deal damage reliably at that range. These intended ranges will be outlined in more detail below as we get into specifics.

Primary Tank Weapons
    When it comes to tank versus tank combat, AP tank cannons are the only real choice as they do significantly more damage than HEAT or HE. No tank should immediately feel at a severe disadvantage in a tank battle because they chose a different primary weapon.

We’re addressing this by reducing the TTK variance; HEAT and HE damage per second is being increased and will have nearly the same TTK as their AP counterpart.

AP (Armor Piercing)
    AP will boast a higher velocity projectile and highest damage per shot, but that won’t drastically change time to kill or shots to kill. AP is the long range, high alpha strike option.

HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank)
    HEAT now has the fastest reload. This makes it more versatile and will have the highest damage over time, which won’t make much a difference in 1 on 1 fight, but making it a competitive option in prolonged or multi-target engagements.

HE (High Explosive)
    With its damage becoming comparable to AP and its more lethal splash, the HE becomes a competitive close range option. At close range you won’t need the higher velocity of AP and then the choice becomes versatility against infantry with a more lethal blast or the versatility of HEATs quicker reload.
    In addition, HE is being renamed HESH (High Explosive Squash Head). This is mainly so it’s easier to differentiate HEAT and HE when referring to them.

I do not like the only 200 m effective range for PS2 its too short. AP rounds for long range only or you get out dpsed by other shell types this is a complete goof change this should not make it to live, otherwise whats the point of using anything then HEAT...

Tracer round effect from shells also creates a big problem if you are running stealth tank set up, devs word on this plz?

Still not quite sure about C4 and tank mines how this is going to fit this new HP pool/res changes.
  11. LordKrelas

Yeah, it's one of the main issues people have, and I can understand it.
    200 meters is quite short.

But eh, might work out?
    AP has the been go-to best cannon for ages.
    AV? AP.
    AI? AP.
    AA? AP. ;>

Good question.
    More importantly, will the armor actually affect tank mines?
    Will tanks take more or less tank mines? Could the Vanguard survive more tank mines?

Also, are you aware of the soon-to-be longer repair time of tanks? (let alone vanguard)
    What do you think about that?
  12. Strrog

ye 200 m is a serious issue as it affects how the continents were built, and they way bases were made 200m preferred range was not the main attribute for construction or base planning. So they really need to stop this whole close range new meta crap.

on my first MBT prowler i aurxed default heat rounds and that was due to splash kills mostly infantry.

I decided to AP and see how much pressure i can put on a convoy when anchored, and the damage was high and i was tryitng to do it from 400 plus so i get time to react if agrro XD. I still manage to farm infantry fairly well with AP round but that comes with lots of hours practicing and leading shots, also anchor mode is a big factor when hunting infantry for velocity buff. After i will try HE and see how faster you can farm infatry, but it will come at the price of being not much of a threat to the armor.

However considering the new upcoming shell changes, i am afraid the new meta will be HEAT due to dps buff and multipurpose.

From my understanding it will take more C4 and mines to take tanks out as the raw HP of the MBT will be increased, its definitely a big issue for engineer and LA players as they will have really harder time to get armor out.

With the current changes to hp and less alpha per shot i am not quite sure why they increasing rep time on vehicles, the longer vehicles are repped the slower combat participation is, which directly conflicts the combined arms meta approach of more fun for everyone... and on top of that is definitely a nerf again towards drivers...

I love my armor experience maining prowler and rep sundy, with the current direction this change develops i feel like my main game play is getting affected negatively on 2 different machines. Especially after they nerfed sundy to sundy rep by half already ....
  13. DeadlyOmen

Totally non-credible. Modern tank weaponry range is measure by the kilometer.

Eliminates the need for companion weaponry, negating the combined arms aspect of the game.

Editorial re: weapon knowledge. HESH rounds are not intended for use against infantry. At the risk of being insulting, research on different weapon types before determining weapon capabilities would go a long way toward producing credible weapons- especially in the eyes of people that are familiar with military weaponry or that will google.

Every company has a right to develop their product as they see fit. The end measurement of the wisdom of those choices is the amount of customer money gained.
  14. OgreMarkX

LATEST VEHICLE CHANGES:

• All vehicle speeds will be cut to a fourth of max speeds today to reflect the change to environmentally friendly and sustainable power/fuel.
    • To acquire that fuel you have to unlock (convert) two other players to ECO-AWARENESS. They become your "fuel" and push your vehicle.
    • No vehicle can be driven solo. Car pooling is mandatory. All seats in a vehicle must be occupied at all times
    • After a fight, you must pick up spent shell casings (VS advantage here as no shell casing expended). So once a battle is ended (base lost or defended) all vehicle inhabitants will be forced into a 5 minute cool down (can't move or do anything) to simulate the clean up phase.
    • An environment graphic has been added to the game. Above all vehicles there will be a cloud/fog referred to as, The Smug.
    • Drivers and passengers of air vehicles, may, at anytime, be ejected from the vehicle to make room for someone else. Being ejected and falling to your death unlocks the "United We Fall" achievement.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

The NC will probably attempt to stuff each other into their Vanguards' fuel tanks.
  16. JohnGalt36

If even 50% of the proposed changes hit live, infantryside will finally get their wish of all the good vehicle players quitting.
    • Up x 2
  17. Campagne

If it took so little they'd have already gone. :p
    • Up x 4
  18. Diilicious

hehe colon P such little change, lol ecks dee. they are about to completely ruin a very large part of their game experience for a large amount of people, but thats okay right? ex dee colon p

I suppose if the situation was reversed and lets say every tank had a coaxial machine gun with 10 rounds a second with 1000ms velocity meeeh who cares right? just a little change, if thats all it took infantry players would have left years ago. hehe el O el colonp ecks dee
  19. FateJH

All tank changes prior to this point have been relatively stablizied with a certain level of "some mechanic that can be recognized stays the same." (To which, I'll grant, that appears to be HEAT in this situation, for now.) Additionally, the ability to project behavior and activity based on the changes was fairly possible so building expectations contributed to adoption and counter of naysayers.

The current proposed changes have too many players puzzled over what to make of them.
    Why are you long-spelling emoji?
  20. DeadlyOmen

They'll lose the combined arms folks too; in order to appease the 1 v 1 crowd.

I was so excited when this game came out, and have stuck with it through thick and thin. The devs should have stuck to what makes the game stand apart instead of catering to those that want this game to be like every other game- the games that make huge money by offering the scripted win.

Money- that;s what it comes down to. The hat buyers want a 1 v 1 experience. Those that subscribe want credible combined arms gameplay. Money wins- temporarily.
    • Up x 1