concerned for the new vehicle changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strrog, May 17, 2017.

1. Strrog

I am trying to digest the new changes that are on PTS for vehicles and i am not sure i like/understand any of them.

It seems that devs are dumming down shell types. In its current state shell types are proper side-grades from you default gun depending on what targets you are facing most. The most ******** change so far is closing the gap between AP and HE shells, which are designed to combat 2 completely different target types.... like wtf devs comon.

There is now this trend for close range engagement again and is similar to WOT to force combat into close-quarters. The velocity and gravity stats have been nerfed on all shell types. I hope they are not expecting us to pay tanks within 100 m range only lol.

Now they really messing up with meta of the MBT dps, so it seems AP rounds have the lowest dps among other shell types... while damage difference between HE and AP on vechiles becomes less. This whole concept is wrong on 2 points at least... why fix whats not broken...

Extra repair time added on all mbt where vanguard is shafted for regular combat by up to 44 secs of repairs lol. My main is TR so i feel bad for NC MBT change on top of that ****** up shield change.

Not quite sure about the whole resist change, i like the idea of extra rear damage, but do not like the idea of extra tough harassers as it seems a big buff for harasser on mbt TTK. So mbts will be way more vulnerable to harrasers then before.

Most of these changes might add more frustration then balance , honestly did not see that many changes in these areas with so much core changes. Where these changes requested or is this going to be another flop of a patch?
    • Up x 1
  2. Icehole1999

I have not spent a single cert on ground vehicles.

Don't play tanks because I can't gg, period. Which is funny, because I wreck sh*t with turrets (if anybody's looking for a dedicated gunner look me up)

It's faster to use an esf to get somewhere solo. If I need a break I'll take a Harasser or Flash and do Evel Kinevel canyon jumps.

On a side note, I think it is total crap that a Flash can rk a MAX.
  3. LegendarySalmonSnake

DBG used wall of text
    It's super effective!
    Planetmans is confused
    • Up x 1
  4. DeadlyOmen

It is odd that shell types should be moved closer together instead of farther apart.

Almost as weird as having HEAT munitions when armor types have hit points instead of critical surfaces.

Man, imagine if they had put more fidelity into the armor experience...

Anyway, we are not the ones risking putting out a product that the customer does not want; DBG is. Let's hope they make the right decisions- for everyone's sake.
  5. RadarX

We appreciate the feedback. The team is actively watching everyone's experience and will absolutely make further adjustments as needed. If you've tried it out we do want to know what you think.

Keep in mind this is touching every single vehicle in the game. There are a lot of moving pieces and we want to do our best to make sure we get them as right as we can.
    • Up x 2
  6. Daigons

Cutting out all the chaff, we come to the heart of the whine. No more I Win Button.
    • Up x 2
  7. Dethonlegs

There are so many changes that it's hard to gauge their effect. We can test one thing against another in isolation but that experience may mean nothing once in live. For example:

• Will vehicular engagements come closer as envisioned?
    • Will magrider surviveability improve in close?
    • How will tracked vehicle mobility improvements in general effect balance?
    • Will vanguard mobility improvements offset the shield nurf?
    • What ultimate effect will mixing roles between AI and AV have?

The list goes on...

Often the smallest of change can have much larger implications. Remember that patch from years ago where magrider strafe acceleration was improved? All of the sudden they could dodge rounds in close from anything and were untouchable. The changes in PTS have the potential to have that amount of impact. Either way, the vehicle meta will be forever changed.

My suggestion? If you are going to make wholesale changes and are fairly sure you have it right, then just do it. You must however be prepared to make fine adjustments in the following days rather than ham-fisted nurfs after many months of player grief.
    • Up x 1
  8. Strrog

And then i saw the video on other weapon damage changes ugh this change is too massive: resistance/hp/shell type change/shell dmg revamp/ other weapon changes, now it may take 2-3 rounds from single shot alpha guns to kill infantry etc... seems i might be still missing all the changes, heard something about air weps as well ugh too much info
  9. Strrog

Mate listen i specifically said that my main mbt is TR and i play vanguard for fun too that shield is only op vs new players in the prolonged engagements it has too much downtime as is... nerfing it the way devs did made it a flat nerf to vanguard tank as it was its specific trait.
  10. Strrog

i doubt its confusion its more of massive change that players no devs are ready to process properly, I am having hard time finding positive feedback about these changes on media in general, most people seem to be aggravated rather then happy. There was a already a nerf wave to weapons like fury,gatekeeper, thermals and some other weapons, and it was not received positively. A couple of patches like that might piss off enough people to leave, because its the manner that these changes are implemented and the lack of cooperation and tuning from the devs.

Yes we have quite few healthy serves but the latest server mergers, huge latency because of asia/eu and NA players on same server and massive unwanted changes to the meta is not something to treat lightly...
  11. Diilicious

Vehicles are honestly completely screwed if those changes go in, im not looking forwards to finding a new game to play, i love the tank play in this game, vehicle balance doesnt need changing. AA needs changing a bit because flak is dumb but otherwise id not change anything about the vehicle game.
  12. Kristan

Do you guys check test server discussion threads? Is it worth it to leave feedback there?
  13. FLHuk

I myself, while nervous, am looking forward to many bruised egos for those who can't adapt.

Hoping I'll be able to tank at all after the changes I welcome a brand new experience for all. New and old player alike.

Even if it's a complete mess it is what we make it. Let's find out the mistakes and exploit them while laughing till they're fixed :D
  14. lothbrook

So they're classifying the Enforcer as a medium range AV weapon now, and have decided to nerf it by increasing its drop, while also nerfing it against infantry by increase the number of shots to kill to 3, lol... Thats ******* crazy.

The more i read of this this is horrible, almost everything is doing less damage to infantry and infantry are getting more rockets that reload faster?!

Also the new VG ability will do a lot for frontline engagements, and is also most definitely an I-Win button in any situation other than a surprise attack to the rear of a VG, doing 67% less damage to the front of a tank with 1k more health is going to be soul crushing, lol.
    • Up x 1
  15. AtckAtck

While you are at it, please take a look at the ANTs Weapons, most notably the fireing angles.
    I don't know about current pts, i am talking about live Servers.
    The way it is now you simply cannot hit anything with most weapons that is nearer than 20-15m.
    Lightnings and Harrassers are very dangerous to an Ant even if i CAN hit them, now they just drive up to you and you simply cannot hit them at all.

Also the fury is totally overnerfed from my Point of view. Sure it is somehwat ok against vehicles, but vs infantry it is near to useless now.
    While i understand that you want less splash in the game and is totally fine for me, but the fury was somewhat build just for that. This paired with the Minimum range, make the gun even more inaccurate. Please reduce the Shell drop and make it more accurate.
    Currently you just spray out the rounds and hope for some direct hits. If you want us to aim for direct hits, OK, but at least give us the Chance to aim...
  16. LaughingDead

1. They specifically nerfed angles of fire on most weapons.

2. yea, fury is now crap. I can shoot at air, ground and infantry with the bassy, but not with the fury oh no. If anything, they should have traded it's armor damage for it's infantry damage because it was "too versatile".
  17. Cinnamon

All of the tank shells are anti tank rounds that are supposed to penetrate Armour. There is no shrapnel or air burst type round for the main tank guns. The mechanics are a little confusing though. The benefit of more explosive rounds over more armour piercing rounds should be that a softer hitting round should not really penetrate super thick armour while a less explosive round should do less damage. It's like, if a HE round penetrates armour it should do more massive damage to a vehicle not less. Anti infantry rounds would be shrapnel or some sort of war crime type payload like a chemical weapon.
  18. Demigan

Currently its go AP or go home. HE and HEAT dont offer enough to be "side-grades", especially considering that almost all ranged infantry AV is appaling meabing that AV power is more important than AI.
    This change actually makes them closer to side-grades. AP gets more speed, and that 25 to 50 m/s extra speed makes a lot more difference when the overall speed of the shells is lower. HEAT and HE now actually fulfill a function by offering different shooting styles (due to different reloads), projectile velocities and AOE damage without sacrificing tons of AV power along the way.

As for "oh noes it looks like HE is equally powerful compared to AP", you seem to have read some of my posts (which included the Vanguard repair times) so why dont you read up on the DPS changes I've posted? Those show that its not that simple.

Yes! Lets ignore that the Vanguard is the worst performing MBT despite having the current Vanguard shield. Lets ignore that the new Vanguard DPS will be bumped down to the lowest. Lets ignore that the Vanguard while keeping a similar survivability against the other MBT's will take much longer to repair. Lets focus solely on the shield getting nerfed and that this is somehow a good thing for the worst performing MBT.

Look, be excited that the wrongly named "Iwin shield" is getting nerfed, but you should be advocating Vanguard buffs right now to offset losing the thing that kept the Vanguard from being utterly scrap.
    • Up x 1
  19. DeadlyOmen

Am I understanding correctly that engagement ranges for armor will decrease?

Being able to attack at range is one of the bonuses that vehicular mounted guns bring to the combined arms battlefield.

Wrong. It is bring AP for armor combat, and HE against infantry. A good team will have both. This is a very simple combined arms tenet.

And there is the problem that has afflicted PS2 since day one. Self-interest has put the game on the slide of appeasement.
  20. Sirygba

For sidegrades:
    AP- rename to APCR, lower bullet gravity( flat trajectory), lower damage
    HEAT- no changes
    HESH- low projectile speed, + 25% damage to light armoured vehicles, and to tank's rear and bottom armour.