Computer freezes on start up

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Milkbox123, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Milkbox123

A week or so ago I installed the game and it played just fine and a day or two after a new update came out. The launcher started and the update happen. My computer would freeze whenever I would get into the loading screen at 4%.

I decided to reformat and after that it worked again and has since perfectly up until today. I played this morning but then re-started the game after a short break and an update happened during the launcher and now it is freezing again when the loading screen comes up at 4%.

Any ideas? This is super frustrating.
  2. user101

Could be a lot of things... you may have sectors on the hard drive going bad??? or you might have malware in the root of the drive and it pops up in a down load looking for something. Or your AV may be stopping PS2. Or your windows may not be up to date. You have to keep windows updated ... or PS2 will not work.
  3. Milkbox123

Thanks for the info. The drive is completely clean. No AV yet as its a fresh install. Let me try double checking to make sure windows is fully up to date. Appreciate the help.