compressed view on full screen mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by EalaFryaFresena, Jan 26, 2020.

1. EalaFryaFresena

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have issues with my resolution.
    I have 3 screens, using Nvidia Surround on Windows Desktop (Win10). Each screen has a resolution of 1920x1080; so Nvidia Surround adds them to 5760x1080. My game is set to full screen mode @ 1920x1080.
    In the past, when I started PS2 the left an right screen switched to stand by mode and the game ran in the mid screen at the named resolution.
    Then, I haven't been playing for a while and there were several game and Nvidia driver updates. Now, when I start the game, the left and the right screen still switch to stand by mode, but the game screen is laterally compressed. It still says that it's set to 1920x1080. Set to windowed mode the game runs normal.
    I don't know if a game update or a driver update is responsible for this.

Can anybody help?
  2. OneShadowWarrior

Welcome to my world! I thought I was the only voice who complained about lack of support for multi monitor setups, ultra wide screens, bigger aspect ratios beyond 21:9 on a 7 year old game and no HDR support with DX11. So I am not alone I see.

Have you tried checking the little box in graphic settings called wide view mode?

I run at 5120x1440 which is essentially 2 27 inch monitors side by side without the bezel and have had all kinds of issues with screen warping, cutoffs on the stats on death cams, clicking wide view mode which is supposed to somewhat support big or multi monitor setups or even widescreens is skittish and it’s amazing the game even works but at the cost of stretchy images, distortions and rendering problems.
  3. EalaFryaFresena

Hello OneShadowWarrior and thank you for your response.

I tried checking the wide screen mode. When I set the game to 5760x1080, the left and the right view are distorted when the wide view mode is activated. Generally 5760x1080 in full screen and in windowed full screen works for me. But I want to play only using one screen @ 1920x1080 because a) my outdated graphic card can't handle more than ~25 FPS with multiple screens and b) I will get significant problems with motion sickness.
    In the past full screen @1920x1080 worked for me; like written above the other two screens just went to stand by. Now they also do so, but the game compresses 5760 to 1920. :confused:
    In windowed mode (not windowed full screen) everything looks normal, but often it sticks to CPU usage which of course has negative impact on my FPS.
    I tested "DOOM" today. Everything works fine there, so my issues seem to be caused by a PS2 update.