[BUG] Complete Reaver-gun breakdown: It's worse than we thought

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sdfasdfa, Jan 21, 2013.

1. EMP1RE

In my sig there's a link and some videos... read through and watch. There is a problem.

We deserve a response at least. No buffs and no nerfs. Just a switching off of the auto convergence for ALL vehicles and/or repositioning of ALL of the vehicles affected heavily by auto convergence to somewhere that makes sense. Ie. In the case with the Reaver (for the sake of this thread), not 5 miles below the aircraft's LOS/Reticle.
    • Up x 2
  2. EMP1RE

Also, seeing as this is a Reaver thread, this is why Reavers are heavily disadvantaged when face to face...

This is apparent with all the ESF's but is double (vs. scythe) or even quadruple (vs, mosquito) times worse in the Reaver due to its heavy offset. Sure you can 'lead' but a Reaver heavily leading a target face to face in order to land rounds a. loses altitude b. makes its large hitbox open to attack and c. limits options for escape (under, large upper hitbox, over, large under hitbox, to the side, requires getting closer to opponent making their targeting easier, reverse thrust, best option but must ensure opponent doesn't use opportunity to land rounds on momentarily exposed hitbox during maneuver).

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Phazaar

Sadly, it seems we're still waiting for a response.
  4. Excellentz

I have heard our cries may have been answered with the patch!!!!! Can anybody confirm so that this thread can officially die?!?!!??!?!
  5. R-A-B

Why don't they just set a fixed distance and let people adjust then compensate. Seems the problem stems from the the gun trying to auto aim in compensation to the gun/cockpit offsite when a human can do that easier.
  6. MilitiaMan

The problem lies in the fact of where your sights are VS where the bullets come from.

Like a video post earlier where the dude missed 30 shots aiming right at the target or just slightly above it, this can be life or death.

The AH does not seem to have this problem or at least is harder to notice probably due to the fact you have to be so close to your target to do anything to it.

I fly all 3 ESF and the Reaver is by far the hardest to land shots with.

People say the Hailstorm is better but I like the TR Rotary more, thing is a beast.
  7. ISpyWithMyLittleEye

Bumping this thread so it gets the much needed attention.
  8. Voiidd

Seems like some people did an extremely good job pointing this out. Well done guys.
  9. 13lackCats

You guys are arguing about a game that employs hit points.

Remarkable.
  10. Ouch Electric

Who are you to judge?

You are arguing about people arguing about a game that employs hit points.

That's meta meta meta ******-baggery right there.
  11. MrGurrenLemfox

still no fixes ? i am sure they fixed the off set at PTS one day and patch it back, so the offset is intended with lack of confirmation and no fixes 7 month in the game
  12. DonC

We did it bro, we ******* did it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    • Up x 2