[BUG] Complete Reaver-gun breakdown: It's worse than we thought

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sdfasdfa, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TintaBux

Why?
  2. RaTzo

THIS ONE is of the first time dogfigthing in a Reaver.

I'm sorry guys, but I'm just not seeing this "bug" as a big deal.

Everyone in these videos seems to be able to aim just fine with the thing. Once you decide that the bullets aren't really going to land where the rets are pointing - btw they don't in ANY ESF - and you start aiming with the tracers you'll be just as well off as the guys in the video above. AND you'll still have your hard hitting shells. Keep whining and they'll "fix" the Reaver so it hits like the other two ESFs then perhaps you guys will have more to whine about.

I hate nerfs, period. I am OK with buffs. In the end I don't really care what SOE does with the Reaver, I just wish the forums and the skies were not filled with whining about them.
  3. Gamba

because every week someone has to bump this,and its freaking annoying.
  4. TintaBux

That's not reason to close it when the thread has an actual purpose.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gamba

and what is the purpose?
  6. TintaBux

Stay out of the thread, if you can't contribute to it, next time reported.
  7. NovaAustralis

What. The. FoxtrotUniformCharlieKilo!
    I'm going to VR to try for myself.
    If this is legit...
  8. Leo Di Caprio

Three months and counting?
  9. Ezze

Why the hell would anyone go this extent to try and make a point?

hahahaha

NC Air is horrible in general
  10. Chiss

I'd been wondering why i'm much better at scythe/mossie than reaver....

I think you missed the point....
    The trajectory is dynamically modified based on your target, actually creating some dead zones where its impossible to hit a target. This is a huge flaw. Imagine you are using an LMG, and there's certain ranges where you cannot hit players at all.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phazaar

Shalln't, until it gets some kind of dev response at least.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bill Hicks

the devs have a horrible idea on state weights. They think armor means anything for vehicles. Speed is king.
  13. Str8Dumpin

REAVER IS FINE, THESE BROS NEED MORE PRACTICE
  14. Mekaniz

After seeing this, I will never complain that we (NC infantry) never get proper air support again :confused:
    • Up x 1
  15. Mekaniz

16. Phazaar

This isn't an OP or UP thread. Simply that there is currently a ******** mechanic that actively punishes Reaver pilots and puts a barrier to entry for our already-hard-to-fly plane that simply does not need to exist.

Most of the contributors are high BR NC fliers who clearly have no problem compensating for the issue; the point is they shouldn't have to, because, especially as a new player, this makes the flying experience an exceedingly negative one. I think we all know at least a few players who will only fly on their TR/VS characters due to the 'kooky' nature of the offset.

If it's no big deal, there's no reason not to fix it for those of us that do feel it's a big deal.

And this is pretty much just another bump ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Phazaar

Along with a response to this issue, I would like to see SOE promise not to fix the current issue with A2AMs firing duds from time to time. I'd even go as far as to say that 100% of the time would be perfect.
  18. SebDollar

I think it's about time we got some official response on this
    • Up x 2
  19. Phazaar

Yeah, there seems to be a bug in Forumside 2 where this thread isn't yet stickied? Radar, can you help please?
  20. Roadwarrior82