[BUG] Complete Reaver-gun breakdown: It's worse than we thought

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sdfasdfa, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Leo Di Caprio

Oh look, this thread has surfaced again.
  2. Leo Di Caprio

2 game updates since this was written and still no fixes to the reaver.

Shouldn't anyone tell them already to stop ******* things up on the other balance aspects and start fixing was really needs fixing?
  3. phreec

Bump. Seriously when the hell are you gonna fix this? Tired of needing to have my dogfighting targets off-screen to hit them with our rotary...
  4. Emotitron

/bump... threads like these need to keep coming back until something is done.
  5. phreec

Look, it actually USED to be in the right position.

[IMG]

Is this game really going to favour LOOKS over FUNCTION and most importantly BALANCE?

It would require a slight remodeling or turret location adjustment to make this work but no, I guess adding more stuff to sell is top priority.
    • Up x 1
  6. SebDollar

Now this just makes me sad... Please revert the Reavers gun position to the one shown in the above picture. Surely that won't be such a hard fix to pull of.
  7. Leo Di Caprio

Still waiting.
  8. SebDollar

I'm just gonna leave this here

9. TintaBux

Not only the worse ESF but also has stupid stuff like this, that SOE won't fix.
  10. lilleAllan

Dear SoE.

FIX.

THIS.

PLEASE.
    • Up x 1
  11. sauna

Good analysis.
    The offset of the nosegun is one of the issues. Together with the Reaver being the least maneuverable of the 3 ESFs AND the easiest to hit it's just not balanced.

Balancing ESFs is the MOST important balance in the game. If one empire suffers from having an ESF which loses all duels and air to air encounters versus equally skilled or even lesser skilled pilots every other aspect of the game suffers for that empire as well.
    When other empires acquire air dominance again and again they will turn to armor and quickly dispatch that and then start farming infantry.

I don't know why SOE hasn't done anything yet. They have the statistics, most servers have high BR players "lolpodding" all day and it's rarely Reavers. This is MOSTLY due to how hard it is to succeed as a Reaver pilot having 3 disadvantages working against you constantly.

1) Balance nose guns so they're all equally accurate, quick aim is very important in dogfights and one empire shouldn't have a much harder time to do it.
    2) Balance maneuverability so one ESF can't always get the drop on another because one ESF is like flying a refridgerator in comparison (Reaver).
    3) Balance hitboxes so that one ESF isn't like hitting a barn wall in comparison to the others.

Wake up SOE and bringeth BALANCE from your slumber!
    • Up x 1
  12. Lito

Now that this info has become widely disseminated in the playerbase, Vanu and TR pilots are exploiting this bug on a daily basis.
    IF SOE is not willing to adjust the NC Reaver, there needs to be subtle nerfs to the VANU and TR ESFs, specifically to allow NC pilots to use audio cues to locate off screen VS and TR ESFs. In short, if you're unwilling to assign a competent programmer to implement the solution the geometry problem posted int his thread, you should apply quick and dirty fix of making the Moquito and Scythe louder, especially when the vehicles are turning to relay 3D positioning.

Freelook has been an industry standard going back to MS-DOS versions of MS Flight Simulator. How fail this?

How did this embarrassment come to pass? Why won't anyone in management even acknowledge the issue? Who broke the Reaver between 2012 E3 and public Beta? Why does SOE believe that PS2 will be given a chance for a second impression by the flightsim community?

The better flight sim pilots I know quit PS2 in December due to the utter lack of proper implementation of air assets.

You released a game touting air assets and then just ... nothing. No proper joystick/rudder/pedal support, 3D audio that has positional sampling flaws, unrealistic and unbelievable gravity and flight characteristics, and guns that can't shoot straight.

Fix the basic problems, guns that shoot straight, audio sampling that relays 3D information, and do so quickly, please.
    • Up x 1
  13. ThundaHawkPS

UGLY

14. Jaquio

I get really tired of the "where are my bullets going to go" lottery.
  15. Phazaar

I hope everyone bumping this thread is spamming it away on Twitter and Reddit; keep pointing out that the thread was started in JANUARY, it is now APRIL, no response has been given despite that an ACTUAL INTELLIGENT POINT has been made. The devs may even enjoy reading it (If they can avert their eyes from the malice of some TR whiners).

I propose NC ESF pilots, and all TR+VS pilots with anything resembling a conscience or desire for fair fights, should ensure this post -never- leaves the first page until Higby or the like give us a response.
  16. Alien51

One thing I've noticed lately is that the Prowler has this same problem of convergence.
    It always auto corrects your aim based on what you are aiming at. This combined with the offset of the gun to the left, makes some shots literally impossible.
  17. Excellentz

hahaha the thread is back!
  18. Jalek

This is why NC ops get lolpodded by both factions even when far away from one of them, no air cover much of the time.
    There are other threads claiming Reavers are OP though due to the AH, so it must all be good.
  19. Phazaar

Arguably less important given the slow-moving nature of ground-based combat+targets, and the fact that most shots that are impossible (not more difficult; impossible) are impossible due to obstacles in the way which SHOULD make such a shot impossible if you look at the physics; the offset position does make some shots POSSIBLE that would not be with less of an offset also.

With that said, I'd equally like to see a fix for the Prowler for this, as it makes it REALLY irritating switching between the three MBTs. This would likely have to involve switching off convergence though, whilst the Reaver can be fixed simply by moving its gun to where it was in the first place.
  20. Gamba

LONGEST THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!-Stop bumping it pls