Compensator Vs Flash Suppressor

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BenNet1700, Oct 29, 2016.

1. BenNet1700

I wanted to get one of them for my NC Warden battle rifle, which I have Grip and HVA on. I did not include the Suppressor, because I hate reduced bullet velocity. Im just wondering should I get compensator, or flash suppressor, or none at all?
  2. MaDiv

Well, the flash flash suppressor only increases your hipfire COF but makes you visually unsuspicious, however the compensator increases the weapon handling what comes with an increased visibility on the minimaps of near enemys. Personally I'd go with the flash suppressor in open fields / long distance fights in the open and use the compensator when I'm with allies.
  3. BenNet1700

Thats great advice, but I usually fight in around 20-30 feet ranges, and rarely CQC even though I play HA
  4. MaDiv

That's a bit tricky then but I'd still stick to what I posted above. I'm at a point of the game where Certs don't really matter anymore, but I suppose you're considering every purchase you do twice so I'd make this dependent of your playstyle.
    I for my part would use the silencer instead of the suppressor but you already said you're not fond of that, so my suggestion would be a compensator in case you play a lot in groups (non spec ops) and the flash supressor if you're a lonewolf-like and rather sneaky kind of player and see yourself as a good flanker. The sompensator will help with aiming through the lines of allies in front of you, however you should keep in mind that you may draw hostile attention towards your group. The COF drawback won't be an issue for you at all I assume.
  5. BenNet1700

Ah, thank you, im the flash suppressor, but the reason I wouldn't use the suppressor is bullet velocity, but since I have HVA I was wondering if it would cancel out. And im wondering if the Range decrease would affect my playstyle, witch is raiding biolabs from a distance, through sniping and picking off players from place you wouldn't assume.
  6. Halkesh

Flash supressor remove the muzzle flash at the cost of increasing the range you appear on the mini-map by 15 meters when you shot. (no CoF debuff, it was removed recently) It doesn't remove tracer.
    Compensator reduce the vertical recoil by 15% while ADS at the cost of reducing your hipfire accuracy by 20% and increasing the range you appear on the mini-map by 35meters.

So use flash supressor at night and on mid-long range to improve your concealment. Use compensator if you want more accuracy, note it has virtually no con at longer range since you're too far to appear on mini-map and don't need to hipfire.

If it interest you, I use my Eidolon with x4 scope / nothing / laser dot / standard ammo (I love hipfire).
    HVA is a bad choice on wepaon with only 1 damage tier drop off : you get +5% muzzle velocity at the cost of reducing the max damage range by 2 meter.
    If you're sniping with BR, flash supressor can be a good choice to reduce the number of enemy sniper that focus on you.
  7. BenNet1700

Ah thank you for the advice.
  8. BenNet1700

After I have been using it for a while, I noticed that I can get kills, but im usually a lone wolf against enemies in either cqc or mid range, so I was wondering if supprresor would be of use.

NEVERMIND: It reduces dmg.
  9. BurntMyWater

Since we're talking about battle rifles, I'll talk about what I use on my AMR-66.
    I use a 3.4x dot scope, no barrel attachment, standard ammo and laser sight. This setup seems to work the best for me, allowing me to fight at mid-long range, but still being able to defend myself at close range in those panic moments.

Compensator is IMO not worth it. It reduces recoil, but the BR is already so manageable that it's pretty pointless. Plus it expands your hipfire, so if you get surprised at close range it will be difficult to fire accurately.

Same thing for the forward grip. BRs already have good handling. A forward grip helps, but a laser sight is a much better choice. Darklight is just a bad decision.

Don't use HV ammo on BRs. It makes the gun do less damage at longer range, which makes the gun frustrating to use since with a BR you will almost always be fighting at long range.

Suppressor can actually be OK-ish, but it means you have to fight from a little closer.
  10. MrMinistry30

I don't really have to care about certs anymore so i tried almost every combination (no darklight) and these 2 work best for me:

mid to long range fights - 3.4X+compensator+grip+HVA
    anything else - 2X+compensator+laser
  11. Halkesh

Supressor don't reduce damage, it reduce the range where the damage start to drop and reduce the muzzle velocity.
    For BR, the muzzle velocity is reduced by ~40/50% and I think the damage range drop to something like that 250@9m - 225@50m (instaid of 250@15m - 225@75m).
    Supressor main default is the muzzle velocity.

Personaly, I don't take supressor as noob never watch their mini-map and good player will notice you even with the silenced sound.