[Suggestion] Compass or Better

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Jan 26, 2013.

1. FateJH

I'd trade in my mini-map for a simple compass. It doesn't have to be a constant UI feature (in fact, I'd like a whole bunch of things not to be obvious on anyone's UI); it could be something I have to manually take out. It takes more time than it's worth to examine my minimap and determine which direction my cone of view is facing, so I can call out cardinal and intermediate directions to my allies, who then have to do the same thing on theirs. I'm sure there's even a trick with looking at the Auraxis sun so I can tell which side of the sky its in, but I don't know if graphic fidelity (I'm low, but I know many medium people, and many high settings people) would make it harder for me to guess.

Actually, if not the compass, then what about a one-shot calling ability to indicate to my allies in a specific direction that I'd like them to look.
  2. Fox Reinhold

There's a compass right above the mini-map... try pressing "H", your mini-map might be in giant mode.
  3. FateJH

I just went to some YouTube videos to check, and then loaded up my game to check.
    ... I don't have one. Other people do, but mine is missing.

Unless this is due to something that I could have messed with in the UserOptions.ini, I'm going to submit a bug ticket tomorrow and try reinstalling. Thanks.