Community Suggestion: Become a Regular Content Creator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

If your rig allows for it, record some of your play sessions. We need more content creators in the community. If you are able, use a mic too and show all the aspects of Planetside that you can. Flood the Youtube market with tons of videos pertaining to the game, and do so regularly. Why?

How often do you see ads for Planetside 2? I never truly do. That means that we have to advertise the game ourselves. Even if you don't make it big with your Planetside videos, even if you don't end up getting 100k subs, even if you only end up getting 1-100 views, that is alright. Your video is out there. We need more and more new players to come into the game, and also returning players, as they already have experience with it.

Say one of you does become popular. People will see your videos, want to play with you, and they would download Planetside. That in turn sparks their curiosity even more and they want to see more and more Planetside 2 videos. They search it on Youtube and they find more new videos of it, not just videos months and years ago. They find videos on their favorite classes, weapons, and vehicles, even tips and tricks on how to get better. They are excited. They share the game with their friends, most of which have never heard of Planetside and some of which who won't care. As videos start getting more and more popular, the Youtube algorithm will recommend the videos to gamers of the same FPS genre (albeit probably 5 years too late) and they will get interested. At this time, DBG will be making money for ads, and they will be able to put out some ads on Youtube videos, and more and more people will come. All of this COULD happen just by becoming a content creator.

Lets make the game what we know it can be.

P.S. I will be adding more of these "Community Suggestions" and I hope you do too.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scroffel5

"Thats a great idea Scroffel! Why didn't I think of that?" Thank you, random Planetman. Honestly guys, I thought this post woulda gotten more buzz. Like are any of you gonna do it or try it or anything? I'm getting no feedback on this community suggestion.
  3. Villanuk

I see where your coming from, but how many will actually do search for PS2, if they have never heard of it in then first place. This is and has always been a failure of the game, terrible marketing and PR.

Personally i have no idea how to "edit and make videos" if someone can, i would do it.

Failing that, im happy to join a crew on the purpose to play the game one night, to highlight the vast variety of play this game has.
  4. blackboemmel

I did. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Scroffel5

Planetside 2 is a free Steam game. It is in countless "free FPS games on steam" youtube video lists. People search for those. I get what you are saying though. No one searches for a game they have never heard of. My point is that when they do search for it or a video gets recommended to them, they will have videos to go to, and if those videos get popular, they get recommended.

You don't gotta make these epic, well edited videos either. You can just put in the video or description "unedited play session" or something. Lots of people watch that. I watch unedited Planetside sniper videos of people getting like 70+ kills. All you gotta do is record, and people maybe probably possibly will watch it. If you do want to edit, though, get yourself a free editing software and just string together clips of you playing for a montage or remove bits you don't want to be in the finished product. All in all, you'll figure it out if you want to.

Thank you for the comment.
    • Up x 1
  6. JobiWan

You make it sound so easy. I've tried. I've got hours and hours of footage to make more but it takes a lot of time and effort to edit videos, put music to them, or commentary etc.

I've done 3 or 4 videos that took a lot of work and they hardly get views, it's soul destroying to put so much effort into something that nobody really watches, and the few that do, don't make a comment or even a like.

You could argue that making the content is the easy part, it's not enough to just put up a video, you have to promote it on social media, get regular subscribers etc.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scroffel5

I'm not trying to make it seem easy. I'm saying that if you flood the market, at least one person is bound to get good results. Everyone did their part, though. I used to make videos too, for other games, and no one watched them. I just kept making videos to showcase the game, and eventually I got a video with 100 views, which was my most. Still not a lot, and probably most of those were members of the community already, but still doing your part. If your videos that you put a ton of work in don't get views, just upload small tidbits of different moments in the game.

I honestly don't like videos unless they were spectacular. Try not to focus on the likes and comments. Sure, they make you feel good, but someone, somewhere thought about your video for a few seconds. Thats good too.