[Suggestion] Community inspired Searhaus

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

Title says it all.

Should get community members involved in making the map.

I think it would be super cool.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nregroepis

People say whenever there's new content, DBG/SOE always relies on us to test on the test server and the staff doesn't test it themselves, please tell me you guys at DBG do test stuff before it's released, right?
  3. RedArmy

this is their only option as making stuff is basically not going to happen - why dont they get the community involved n make stuff for free - atleast its a game made for gamers, by gamers - and it saves DBG money other than the product testing on test server - id support this
  4. Alan Kalane

Silly
    They can't just open-source this game. It would expose too many holes in their code to be exploited.
    Also stuff made for free by the players tends to be of medicore-to-low quality. They would have to employ additional staff just to check the quality of content made by the players. Are the models okay? Do the textures have the right resolution? Is the code efficient? Aren't there any security holes? Maybe some BlackHat made a backdoor for him to exploit later?

Creating high quality content is a hard work. After a month or two you could get sick of even looking at the game. If someone wishes to give their work for free then they can always get employed at Daybreak. I am sure they would be happy to give you minimal salary for your work.
  5. FateJH

PlanetSide map-making should have been designed far less complicated than it currently is.
  6. Nregroepis

If someone else was able to make a Searhus Map for an animation, then i'm sure DBG can make Searhus too.