[Guide] Common Sense that need to be drilled into players.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keiichi25, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Keiichi25

While this is a FPS game, there seems to be a serious lack of common sense in the 'basics' or understanding what people can and cannot do.

Weapons vs Other things
    I see this happen a lot, guys on the ground shooting at Galaxies and Liberators with hand guns or at Lightnings, Sunderers and MBTs (Prowlers/Vanguards/Magriders)

Please, stop this... You aren't doing any damage to them if you are NOT using one of the following weapons:
    • AV Turret (Engineer)
    • Anti-Material Rifle - NS Archer (Engineer)
    • Tank Mines (Engineer)
    • C4 (Light Assault, Engineer, Medic, Heavy Assault)
    • Rocklet Rifle (Light Assault)
    • Any Missile Launcher you can snap shoot or lock shoot (Heavy Assault)
    • MAX Armors using the AV weapons or the NS-20 Gorgon
    These are the only Infantry Weapons aside from the Phalanx Turrets that can actually do damage to the heavier vehicles.
    On vehicles, most weapons with the exception of the Sunderer's 12mm Anti-infantry guns, will damage heavy vehicles to varying degree. The 12mm guns on Sunderers will rarely do much to Sunderers, MBTs, Lightnings, Galaxies or Liberators.
    Actual Gun Safety Understanding
    A lot of you guys literally have no concept of Gun Safety.
    Gun safety is more than not pointing the barrel of a gun at yourself or someone else that you aren't planning on killing. It is also the fact of being AWARE of your surroundings when you are running around in a live fire situation.
    A lot of people are constantly running infront of friendly fire. Gun Safety that is drilled into people is also making sure you don't run in front of a firing gun. It is NOT the responsibility of people firing the gun to stop firing cause you want to rush in or get some where... Everyone is not going to see you coming around the corner and stop firing. So stop intentionally griefing your side or blame them for killing you when you rush into firezone.
    Vehicle formations and movement
    People driving in this game need to have a concept of ground vehicle formations and movement.
    In fights, vehicles are NOT invulnerable or unstoppable. Even for the VS, where only the Magrider is one of the few ground vehicles that can ignore some terrain limitations, there are still choke points and also the fact that vehicles can be roadblocks to their own side.
    Parking behind front line vehicles and blocking off their retreat isn't helpful and will frustrate others. If they are backing up... THERE IS A REASON THEY ARE DOING IT AND CUTTING THEM OFF ISN'T HELPFUL.
    Ramming into friendly vehicles is also not helpful. Taking out your own side's own vehicles or making them go out of control won't help your side.
    Supply Lines... Actually understand the point of them.
    Time and time again, I see a lot of rushing of Sunderers with Armor. A lot of sunderers with Repair... But very few with Ammo.
    Armor pushes do require repairs, but more than that... They need Ammo.
    The point of having an Ammo Sunderer is to shorten the distance of where to get ammo and maintain the push. Ignoring this, means your armor support begins to fall apart because they had to pull out a long way to rearm.
    What's worse, I have seen some people literally park Sunderers like Ammo or Repair close enough to the front that they are often the first to go or having the vehicles who need them, get toasted because they are too close to the front, especially in line of sight of enemy fire for many things.
    Use some sense when deploying these sunderers or even rolling them out. If you are making push, don't make it all repair sunderers or put sunderers that people need in bad places.
    There are a lot of 'Common Sense' things that need to be drilled into people in a game that is designed with some strategy involved. And it does require other players to also 'think' not just rush in like that.
    • Up x 3
  2. Rooklie

I could add to that list, I could make a list myself, 5 times longers haha, but I won't ;p

good effort though :)
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

I didn't realize how good the overall populace had become at avoiding friendly fire. People learn to share a corner together, when to cut across active fire lanes, and when to move along because some particular corner is just too crowded to safely share.

Didn't realize how good it was.

And then all the new and returning old players flooded the server.

It's gotten pretty insane out there. You can have like a stream of fire going for multiple clips down some fire lane then "hurpy do la la la..." someone will come in front of you. Indicating your intentions before crossing a fire lane? Don't bother. Noobs gonna gun you anyway.

It's pretty insane out there.
    • Up x 1
  4. OpolE

In the best game Planetside 1. (of the 2)

Some air and tank/apc vehicles actually took minor damage from bullets and also gave the driver/pilot the red hit marker putting them under pressure.

It was intense to fight them off with bullets. It was also intense to get away from the bullet spam.

Oh I hate PS2 sometimes
  5. TRspy007

Pretty sure the people who needed this aren't reading forums xD.