Commissioner Vs Underboss

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rhyl, Apr 18, 2013.

1. MNO

Can pretty much guarantee it won't be.

I'll bet 20,000 SC on it.

That's what we like to hear lad.

Also, don't bother holding out for ES pistol, so far SOE's idea for the VS pistol is a pistol that "charges up to increase damage" - so basically a mini Lancer, and as a pistol that's the worst idea I've ever heard.
  2. Dramma Lamma

Well it does have the potential to be horrible.

But if they make it work like the striker in PS1 and allow you to charge it while cloaked (but not fire) and do some other things it could be good.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...s-the-new-vs-pistol-needs-to-not-suck.111507/

Please post any feedback you may have there.
  3. SpaceKing

You know, I think the Commissioner was meant to have more recoil than it does; right now it's nearly the same as the Underboss.
  4. ladiesop

Really? it didn't feel like that when I tried it. The Commissioner did seem to have more kick to it.

I might give it another go later, but it felt like what the description said was true when I used it. The Underboss seem to recover a lot faster too, allowing me to place ranged shots in the same position more effectively too.
  5. asteldian

Commissioner is the winner simply because it looks far cooler.
    I am not waiting for the new pistol because the VS one sounds like crap
  6. Timeraider

Another weapon that can 1-shot infils.. yeey.. as if we didnt have enough of a hard time surviving yet
    • Up x 1
  7. Skeith

it's not like we dont die in the very second we get spotted
  8. EViLMinD

The Underboss also has a faster equip time. This matters when an enemy is about to kill me in cq.
  9. TeknoBug

I was unaware that the new pistols are account-wide, I purchased it on my VS but when I logged on my TR this morning I noticed I had it, so I slapped it on my infiltrator and we were defending Zurvan from NC, I cloaked in a corner near where their AMS was and I watched infiltrators run by and I 1 shot some of them, it's ridiculous, basically a shotgun for infils now.
  10. TeknoBug

I'd like to encourage devs to put infiltrator's health pool in line with everyone else's now.
  11. Jac70

I tried both in VR and was veering towards the Underboss, seemed snappier, more effective as a weapon to pull out in an emergency to take someone down who is close. The Commisioner looks cool but the animation didn't seem to have much sense of weight - hard to describe. I am going to save some certs for one of these.

Also, SOE - $20 for a gold texture. You're kidding right.
  12. Element515

Honestly, they are powerful but is it really that much better than the faction pistols? Commissioner one shots infiltrators... but everyone else is 3, faction specific is 5 shots? plus you have a 17 round magazine? ... As cool as they are, it doesn't seem quite as practical...