Commissioner Vs Underboss

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rhyl, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Ganjis

Commissioner: 170*450/60 = 1275 DPS maximum
    Underboss: 200*375/60 = 1250 DPS maximum

Commissioner: 170*225/60 = 637.5 DPS minimum
    Underboss: 200*200/60 = 666.666... DPS minimum

Underboss is a bit faster to reload (irrelevant IMO)
    Commissioner has significantly higher muzzle velocity.

Up close, Commissioner wins, at range the Commissioner will likely still win due to landing more shots because of faster bullets.
  2. Armchair

One thing is certain.

The Rebel loses.
    • Up x 10
  3. Rohxer

Sorry, I had to LOL at this. I don't think I've ever seen more than two infiltrators besides me on my screen at the same time, ever, let alone "come up behind several" (and without them knowing rofl).

Anyway, great discussion. I'm leaning toward the underboss but plan on spending a lot of time in the VR training. Though I do prefer the Cyclone over the Blitz, and this seems like a similar choice, so we'll see.
  4. Armchair

I'm leaning towards the commissioner because it retains its magic 3 shot kill out to a greater distances.

Also, commissioner is a better name. I can't wait to equip shotgun + commissioner + batman belt on my engineer.

I'm waiting for the faction specific NC shotgun pistol for my CQC pistol.
    • Up x 1
  5. ladiesop

The Underboss seems more practical to me.
  6. Rhyl

I have. Ever seen a major battle over at an amp station but the defense is strong enough that they're making it difficult to get inside? If you sneak in and run up the stairs you can find terran infiltrators all over the walls. Same deal getting inside a heavily defended tower either by sneaking in or dropping in.
  7. DeathSparx

The Commissioner is something I would carry on my sniper/scout for the medium-long range accuracy and damage. If I didn't care about stealth, I would equip the underboss on my cqc infiltrator for the higher RoF.
  8. DeathSparx

Yeah, all of them snipers. Sneaking up on a sniper while he's sniping isn't that hard, imo. But when you have the drop on them, you have to make sure you kill them as quickly as possible cuz they are the slipperiest mofos you'll ever come across given the chance.
  9. Bloodmyth

That sums it up for me, i tried both in the VR (love that place for stuff like this) and the Underboss is great, a massive upgrade as a side arm for us VS :)
  10. SpaceKing

Someone said the Underboss draws faster, can anyone confirm this?
  11. Syphers

30 RoF is no big deal and the Commi is badass, I can't stand the look of the UB
  12. Rohxer

OH - Snipers! Yeah I see them in groups all the time when I'm on Indar. :p I was thinking actual infiltrators, in CQC in a base. I rarely play on Indar and haven't played as a "sniper" since January... I tend to forget about that half of the class.

Playing with both right now - they appear to draw exactly the same. When I hotkey to my pistol and tap my mouse as fast as I can it takes four taps for both pistols to register their first shot. That's about as scientific as I can get, but they're either the same or close enough not to matter in my opinion.

After much testing I'm leaning towards the Commissioner now actually... seems like a little more power for not much loss.
  13. Hellcat

Both sides kill each other at the same time, because SOE programming.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dr. Euthanasia

As far as I see it, the increase in firing rate hardly matters. You can't waste shots when you have such a small allowance, so firing as fast as the gun is capable simply won't be happening most of the time. The current speed of the Commissioner is nowhere near slow enough to be an inconvenience to me anyways - it's a proper semi-auto weapon, better than even the semi-auto scout rifles if not only for its actually manageable hip fire accuracy. My only regret is that it's not silencer-compatible, meaning that Infiltrators in particular have to give up something very important just to have a good sidearm that isn't dependent on their empire.

...That may be rectified with an NS machine pistol some day, but I wouldn't buy such a thing myself.
  15. PureSalad

That's what I'm waiting for aswell. Can't wait till it comes out, hopefully it's a 2 shot pistol to the body and 1 shot to the head for anyone even with nanoweave.
  16. Dramma Lamma

The beamer finally got buffed, yes it was minimal.

Yes it does tickle to get shot with the beamer, but its really accurate at range now even more so.

I've finished off a few low hp guys a long ranges with it before, its not entirely useless.

Can't decide whether to just stick it out with that untill the empire specific pistols comes or not.

Of the 2 I would be defiantly choosing the one with the higher bullet velocity.
  17. bobsapp

I tested both in VR @ 10m, which is the approximate distance I usually draw my pistol (mainly on my CQC build when the SMG runs dry).

both pistols 2-shot to the head; 3 to the body.

although hip-fire and iron sights are the same, i personally felt more comfortable putting lead on target with the UB.

in combat it is a VERY different weapon than the silenced mag-shot, but I am happy with the early results and pretty sure once I get used to it, it will become extremely effective.

FINALLY I have my AWP-Deagle combo ;)
  18. Zerran

Except on infils, where it's 1 and 2 respectively.

Maybe it's just me, but the commissioner almost seems like it was specifically designed to kill infiltrators. 450 damage is a magic number in that regard.
  19. MrDerpAssault

NC's faction specific trait became common pool.... I guess I will forget the rebel forever :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. Dramma Lamma

I gave up and bought the big one.