Commissioner Vs Underboss

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rhyl, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Rhyl

It's finally happened. For a long time we have been craving a very damaging pistol that is worth using. A side arm that compliments our weapons allowing us to quickly finish off our targets after they've already been wounded or for quick kills when sneaking up on our adversaries. We have two that fulfill this roll. The commissioner and the underboss. Of the two side arms which one is your favorite and why?
  2. Hellcat

I'm not sure either are worth it for Infiltrator. You won't be doing much sneaking with a pistol that can't equip a suppressor.
  3. Rhyl

Pistols are a side arm used in times of stress. I wouldn't expect to sneak around with it. More to pull it out on a situation where I'm in danger of being killed. Such as when I'm forced to reload or if someone comes up on me when I'm sniping. Normally I would agree but the raw damage output on these weapons are incredible and from my time spent sniping in close quarters with the right positioning silencers aren't as necessary as people think. A single shot from either of these guns followed by a knife is a kill. Very efficient. Very quick. In CQC work with an SMG if I need to pull it out during reload usually a single shot takes my wounded target down. If we're both wounded this is very ideal.

Firing a recon dart reveals you as well. Getting a shot off and escaping isn't always fatal.
  4. Bape

Underboss is it has faster RoF and it still a 3 shot kill. I wouldn't understand anyone who buys the commissioner unless they want to look badass with a big *** pistol lol.
  5. Dr. Euthanasia

Whichever one is the most accurate, obviously. If I'm close enough for accuracy to not matter, my knife is more than enough compensation for any decrease in rate-of-fire.
  6. Rhyl

Commissioner has better damage from further range but most importantly.. in CQC the Commissioner one shots infiltrators with a headshot. If you're within 10 meters it's a one shot kill.
  7. Skeith

commisioner is 1 hit headshot kill though

i say that for direct fighting underboss if not commissioner

also yeah comm is more accurate
  8. Bape

Tested took 3 body and 2 in the head :eek:. Maybe i lag for the head if it supposedly 1 shot in the head but ask yourself what are the chances of you head shotting a jumping gun wielding infiltrator? The underboss has a better RoF It a no brainer for me lol but I guess people have different tastes.
  9. Rhyl

If you come up behind several infiltrators you can pop them all in the head before any can turn around and whip out their pistols/retaliate or if there's a heavy and an infiltrator shoot the heavy followed by a single knife then shoot the infiltrator in the face as he spins around. I am not saying the Commissioner is better but the ability to one shot a certain class to the head in CQC is powerful and shouldn't be discounted. Not to mention the Commissioner is often a one shot to a wounded opponent and the underboss a 1-2 shot (but with a higher rof.) note this is why I created this topic. I don't think the choice is so clear cut.
  10. Skeith

ye it's not a 1 headshot kill for everyone, nanowave armor probably increases the necessary hits to 2
  11. Bape

True but say you see an infiltrator and he sees you. You have the commissioner and he has the underboss and both of you are at 5m range and also both are you are very well skilled infiltrator who do you think will win?
  12. Dr. Euthanasia

Whoever the melee hit registration arbitrarily decides to favor.
    • Up x 2
  13. Bape

Yeh but we are talking about guns let leave melee out of this for now lol.
  14. RadiO

^This.
    The damage falloff values occur at the same distances and at 42m the commissioner is only in the lead by 25 Damage points.
    A <10m headshot on an infiltrator is an oddly specific situation to give up 30 RPM and 0.5s reload.
    The Commissioner only one hits Infiltrators under 10m. It's more likely that Infil will be carrying an SMG with which to spray you.
    Also, the Commissioner isn't more accurate despite its longer barrel. They have the same accuracy stats.
    The Commissioner only has +100m/s bullet velocity and extra bad-assery.
    [IMG][IMG]
  15. Rhyl

Assuming the hit registration is equal and both have amazing accuracy? Commissioner. He'd one shot the underboss guy. I'd change the verdict to underboss if they were outside 10 meters.
  16. Dr. Euthanasia

Let's not forget which one retains its 3-hit kill count against targets with Nanoweave armor and those at greater distances.

Also, a +100 increase in bullet velocity is a big deal when it represents almost a 30% increase over the alternative.
  17. Rhyl

Yup. Overall I'm surprised if you really analyze how closer the two perform. They really are well balanced.
  18. Skeith

that said the winners in all of this are the VS

finally they have a pistol that is not a lighting power ranger toy
    • Up x 5
  19. Rhyl

My manticore was pretty good but I've been waiting for a real side arm for awhile now.
    • Up x 1
  20. BHB_rightnow

Wouldnt the magshot win? Pretty sure its still the lowest nc ttk especially at 5m. ;)