commissioner versus crossbow for stalker cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pugpu, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Rigsta

The crossbow has good optics, low RoF, small magazine, high damage per shot. The high first-shot damage makes it a great finisher in my opinion, and the optics will probably make it good for (relatively) long range use.

Disclaimer: I haven't bought it and don't plan to for some time. I'm just looking at the stats and VR play for the moment.
  2. ironeddie

Yeah when I wrote that it was still 3 on the pts. Four is nice two straight kills so long as your accurate. I've only spent about 40 minutes with the bow so far. Think its hard to use but rewarding when it goes well.
    • Up x 1
  3. Godsmangamer

closer to 20 seconds running on first level
    don't know about upgraded versions though
  4. Souleater

Quick question: are the pink tracers much harder to spot than the white ones?

I've only had about twenty minutes on it at the moment but it seems like a fun weapon that's pretty different to other secondary choices.
  5. Vanus Aran

THIS USELESS TRASH WAS NERFED?
    OMG LOL !
    • Up x 1
  6. Calisai

I messed around a lot on Friday night/Saturday morning for about 10 hours with both the Xbow (NS), Manticore (silenced) and the Commish. I've found that I prefer the Commish / Stalker combo the best.

I really didn't like the two-shot with a large delay in between for the Xbow. A two/three shot grouping of the Commish is faster and you can get cloaked again faster. As for the Manticore/Silenced. The killing time required for that pistol left a lot to be desired. Even the advantage of not showing up on minimap isn't as good as the quick bang,bang,run of the Commish.

The advantage of the Stalker is being able to work your way slowly into that Gank position where you are guaranteed to get the first shot on target, then followup with a second shot. Even when slowly running/walking 100m out in the open with absolutely no cover.

A little vid of a couple of runs this weekend. It really felt like PS1 for awhile there. (At least the sneaking up and killing part)

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the Stalker. Once they get the bugs straightened out... I think i'll really enjoy it.
  7. iller

Sticking with Deagle Commissioner...

I'll go on long streaks with it infact where all I get is headshots or 3 body shots in a row. ...Meanwhile I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the Engineer's stock Carbine and miss a ton of shots at point blank with whatever the heck it is they did to the Heavy's SAW with a compnesator on it. The bloom of the reticle is MASSIVE NOW, it's as bad as an unscoped Sniper Rfifle FFS. Hell I run the commisioner on my Heavy also for those close range fights now. It's got a good enough ROF, and it usually goes exactly where you aim it. If it doesn't, it's b/c HitRegistry is being stupid in which case no other gun is really going to matter either (besides the lasher I guess)
  8. Wobberjockey

all i want is a red dot, for my commissioner.

hell a red dot for any of my pistols
    • Up x 1
  9. TorigomaSET

Commissioner;
    Pros: Higher RoF, Larger Ammo Supply. Works well 1v1.
    Cons: Smaller range, Very loud.

Crossbow:
    Pros: Up to 6x Zoom, More Ammo options, much longer range, more accurate. Silenced.
    Cons: Slower to fire, Lower ammo. If they find you, your screwed.

Take your Pick.