commissioner versus crossbow for stalker cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pugpu, Feb 11, 2014.

1. CuteBeaver

Nice! Stalker really needs more time allowed for movement.

The drawback are the lack of a primary the previous 8 seconds was silly.

Okay so many thoughts, little time to explain here goes:

#1) Heartstring was buffed for clip size.

For all infantry it now holds 4 damage bolts per reload up from 3. It also holds 4 darts if you specialize that type of ammo. HOWEVER SOE kept the explosive darts at 3 bolts so it couldn't absolutely destroy vehicles. (I think they also lowered the explosive damage- but not sure. I can't give hard #'s as I was only testing for about 20 minutes late last night.) Its still possible to be a complete B-Star D and get yourself ammo belt, and chase a poor sad tank around, but your going to spend allot of time pounding on it in order to kill it.

Lighter vehicles like harasser and the ESF will take significant damage in much shorter time. Realistically those might be fair game for us using the explosive darts. (Stalker Cloak on enemy landing pads = LOL) This includes enemy maxes. I **think** the time to kill a Max using the bolts is slightly faster then just emptying clip after clip using a 2nd gen 50 mag SMG. I would consider them a wiser choice in dealing with maxes because each bolt actually hurts in a meaningful way, and it can be fired quickly by peaking instead of being so exposed trying to lay into the target.

The time to kill a Max is still long, don't misunderstand, but at least it gives you a more favorable option in case a Max is hunting you and you only have a few brief moments to retaliate safely against them. I can also seem to hipfire with it easily enough and put the advanced laser on it with a higher zoomed scope for versatility.

Personal preference but it makes for nice body shot / knife kills that are completely silent. Every hit must count. Commy has more breathing room at the cost of sound. I think on my Hunter Cloak I am going to stick with the Commy, but I may be more selective using stalker and take up the crossbow since it can assist with perfect melee kills with such little effort and function as a longer range alternative too.

#2) As for giving low powered darts to everyone... My outfit [VETZ] is actually happy about this.

Our engineers are great guys, and wonderful team players who want to help me do what I do best. Get behind enemy lines and start immediately flipping adjacent territory the moment we win back the point on defense. I totally acknowledge that in Zergy style play this isn't going to help us any. However competitively it opens the door for us to actually start infiltrating again. Right now we are chained to our squads in order to provide radar all the way through the course of the base being captured. I really think we need to have a backup to radar which doesn't involve pulling vehicles. The low powered darts provide an option, and trust me the engineer isn't going to want to do this the entire time. Some will for laughs, but in competitive play he or she needs to be healing the Max up with the repair tool, dropping, and manning turrets while placing mines and ammo. There is also smoke coverage to consider. Something has to give with all those responsibilities. So no I don't think the crossbow change is going to affect us badly in outfits that know how to best use their infiltrators.

Just try and think of these darts as a crutch our teams need so we can go do the job we were originally intended to do.

Someone on the team, be it an engineer, or LA, whoever has the recon bolts will enable you to leave and provide backup coverage for those last few moments. This makes infiltrators even more valuable in the grander scheme of things for competitive play. Fewer classes can move through an unsuspecting base and live as long as we can. The enemy won't expect you before the point flips in most cases there will be very few on site. By the time they see the beacon (s) 12/24/48 people are soon holding various points in the base.
  2. DeadliestMoon

Sounds fair, after all you guys did just take away the light assault's title of "fastest infantry class."
    • Up x 1
  3. MarkAntony

this is a joke, right?
  4. Sworaven

I don't think OP was planning on spending money since he was talking about saving up certs. I'm not sure if you can buy the Heartstring/Blackheart with certs. Didn't know the Heartstring had a sound as well!

Still debating whether or not I should get one of those. I'll definitely get the NS version and maybe the gold one later because shiny.
    • Up x 1
  5. ISKNausicaa

When I first test the Xbow when it was accidentally added just before the patch that gave us the other weapons, me and and outfit mate tested the Xbow, at the time it didn't show up on radar when fired.

This is going to be a niche weapon IMHO, taking out stationary targets of opportunity from a reasonable range or shot + knife at point blank, the 150m/s velocity is going to make a challenge out of hitting any moving target even at closer ranges.
  6. ironeddie

What's the new run time for stalker if it's been increased from the useless 8 seconds?
  7. ISKNausicaa

Higgles quoted on twitter that the time has roughly been doubled
  8. ironeddie

Thanks. That's a decent increase then. Might be using stalker after all.
  9. drNovikov

Are you serious? beamer allow you to fire damn fast, and it's damage output is pretty high. It's the best default pistol in the game.

Regarding the crossbow... well, it's an anti-infiltrator update, given the infinite ammoboxes. Every engineer will just spam darts.
    • Up x 1
  10. drNovikov

Actually, they have a white tracer. That tracer on a silent weapon is the reason why I'm not buying it.
  11. drNovikov

Disagree. Tried it on PTS. You need to spam just 2-3 of them between fixing MAXes.
  12. AccelPrime

I lol'd.

Next you'll tell me that Vanguard shield is UP and need a buff right? :rolleyes:
  13. m44v

3 bolts aren't going to give anywhere the same coverage of a single dart. The minimap graphic is misleading, they look like they have the same range of darts but they actuallty have a 10m detection radius (an uncerted recon tool has 20m).
  14. Wobberjockey

it dependds, in a frantic firefight? i MIGHT agree with you

but in an infiltration situation? i'd take a silenced mag shot over the beamer any day
  15. drNovikov

Beamer kills faster in any situation.
  16. cruczi

Basically, you can use the bolts to cover small rooms and towers.
  17. CuteBeaver

Sadface :( I was afraid they would do that. Guess I will stick with pink then :3
  18. LownWolfe

How was that ever a question for you? Your pink text walls make me want to buy Gunnars :p
  19. Wobberjockey

and makes more noise in the process. even when silenced.

i'd rather have 2-3 shots for the enemy to hear than, say, 5-6
  20. Nintyuk

4 bolts on Xbow unless it's Explosive darts then the clip is 3.